Req ID: 95942
We are seeking expressions of interest from candidates who wish to be considered for Security Officer opportunities within our Bicester store.
Our Asset & Profit Protection team protect the Burberry core values and brand assets; our people, our product and our property. By minimising risk and maximising profit in a safe, secure and protective environment, this global team are experts in their field with a wealth of experience and knowledge. They are professional and commercially aware and provide proactive support in a variety of areas including event and personal safety management, investigations, cyber-crime, fraud and theft.
· To prevent crime and all other causes of loss or damage to Company assets by carrying out effective and regular shop floor patrols to deter perpetrators and reassure customers and staff.
· To efficiently maintain all security related documentation and to implement security procedures as directed by the APP Manager or Supervisor.
· To conduct initial enquiries into in-store irregularities as directed by the store management team or APP Manager or Supervisor.
· To maintain the highest standard of access control to Company premises.
· To maintain the highest standard of security in respect of goods entering and leaving the store, during the day and night-time deliveries and monitor all security systems, responding efficiently to any suspicious activity, alarm activation or malfunctions.
· To undertake key-holding duties involving locking and unlocking Company premises and responding to out of hours call-outs.
· To be fully conversant with Company Health and Safety Policy and procedures and report any apparent breaches for rectification.
· To administer first aid as required if trained, or be aware of the identity of store first aiders and their whereabouts at all times.
· Conduct inspections relating to Health and Safety, fire, physical security and such other matters as may be directed by the store management team or APP Manager or Supervisor.
· To continually strive to identify weaknesses in security systems and draw any weaknesses to the attention of the APP Manager.
· To monitor the activities of cleaning staff and ensure that no stock is taken out with the rubbish, either inadvertently or otherwise.
· To ensure that the position of stock in the store prevents theft by customers and that the Company procedures on security in relation to theft/pilferage are adhered to.
· To be fully conversant with procedures relating to suspect packages and bomb threats.
· To be available to work weekends and public holidays and adapt shift patterns as required. Night-time cover will also be required for some APP roles as the site will be 24 hours access, all of the APP team should be able to carry out night duties when necessary either due to security or maintenance requirements.
· To participate in stock takes outside of normal working hours to ensure a smooth operation at all times.
· To embody all aspects of the “Burberry Experience” by delivering excellent customer service and displaying brand values whilst carrying out your role. Assist the sales team in enhancing the customer experience by ensuring that all customers are greeted and directed round the store.
· To be involved and contribute in team meetings, communicating effectively with staff, management and customers.
· To create a positive image of oneself and the Company at all times, maintaining the highest standards of grooming, courtesy, professionalism and personal conduct in accordance with the Burberry values.
· To carry out any other duties related to asset and profit protection as directed by management.
· Proven previous security experience preferably within a retail or service sector environment
Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work in highly pressurised environments.
· Passion for customer service.
· SIA license desirable
· Desirable: First Aid trained
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Bicester || Retail || Retail || n/a ||
Job Segment: Outside Sales, Sales