Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
To protect the brand and all company and store resources, to prevent the loss or damage to company assets.
· To prevent crime and all other causes of loss or damage to Company assets by carrying out effective and regular shop floor patrols to deter perpetrators and reassure customers and staff. To carry out apprehensions when required in line with the country legislation.
· To efficiently maintain all security related documentation and to implement security procedures as directed by the APP Manager or Supervisor.
· To support initial enquiries into in-store irregularities as directed by the store management team or APP Manager or Supervisor.
· To maintain the highest standard of access control to Company premises.
· To maintain the highest standard of security in respect of goods entering and leaving the store, during the day and night-time deliveries and monitor all security systems, responding efficiently to any suspicious activity, alarm activation highlighting any malfunctions or weaknesses.
· To ensure that the position of stock in the store prevents theft by customers and that the Company procedures on security in relation to theft/pilferage are adhered to.
· To undertake key-holding duties involving locking and unlocking Company premises and responding to out of hours call-outs.
· To be fully conversant with Company APP & Health and Safety Policy and procedures and report any apparent breaches for rectification.
· To administer first aid as required if trained, or be aware of the identity of store first aiders and their whereabouts at all times.
· Conduct inspections relating to Health and Safety, fire, physical security and such other matters as may be directed by the APP Manager or Supervisor.
· To be available to work weekends and public holidays and adapt shift patterns as required. Night-time cover will also be required for some APP roles as the site will be 24 hours access, all of the APP team should be able to carry out night duties when necessary either due to security or maintenance requirements
· To participate in stock takes outside of normal working hours to ensure a smooth operation at all times.
· To embody all aspects of the “Burberry Experience” by delivering excellent customer service and displaying brand values whilst carrying out your role. Assist the sales team in enhancing the customer experience by ensuring that all customers are greeted and directed round the store.
· To be involved and contribute in team meetings, communicating effectively with staff, management and customers.
· To create a positive image of oneself and the Company at all times, maintaining the highest standards of grooming, courtesy, professionalism and personal conduct in accordance with the Burberry values.
· To carry out any other duties related to asset and profit protection as directed by management.
· Liaise closely with law enforcement and other relevant agencies to ensure minimal disruption and impact is made from criminal and other local threats.
· Support the APP Manager and Supervisor in the arrangement and delivery of store events.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
· Excellent communication skills
· Clean PNC
· Team player
· Ability to work in highly pressurised environments.
· Honest and reliable
· Passion for customer service.
· Proven previous security experience preferably within a retail or service sector environment
· Desirable: Valid SIA license
· Desirable: Fluent spoken knowledge of another language
· Desirable: First Aid trained
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Bicester || Retail || Retail || n/a ||