Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
Organisation Unit: IT Solutions - the delivery and development function of IT, responsible for building or configuring software, applications and service solutions in Burberry
We are looking for a web/ecommerce business analyst with a proven background in agile working, including iterative delivery. The business analyst will work with teams to deliver key ecommerce initiatives across our web platform, digital applications and customer journeys, in line with Burberry’s digital strategy and related KPIs.
You will contribute to a distributed team of skilled professionals including product owners, project managers, development and creative teams. You’ll also be part of a wider community of business analysts within the digital portfolio and across the organisation.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly collaborative environment and look for individuals who thrive in this type of setting. We also look for pragmatists and lateral thinkers with creative problem-solving skills, and are capable of confidently and effectively challenging scope and solutions for the better.
· Work in collaboration with product owners, architects, UX designers, other BAs and third parties to ratify, align and sense-check the ‘what' (requirement), the ‘why' (benefit) and the ‘how' (solution)
· Bridge between IT and business teams - identifying, understanding and articulating relevant business process change and technical impact of an initiative, during inception and discovery phases
· Lead lean inception and discovery activities to provide clarity, facilitating workshops to derive and gather high-level requirements, dependencies and create high level approach
· Collaborate with engineering team, QA and others to create clear, unambiguous business requirements in the form of detailed user stories and acceptance criteria
· Map and work with relevant stakeholders to highlight business process changes resulting from implementation of new features and/or initiatives and agree action to transact these to ensure project success
· Identify and understand impact of cross-stream technical and feature dependencies and action accordingly to ensure consistency in requirements across streams and platform
· Support, evolve and consistently contribute to continuous improvement in ways of working and outputs of the Digital BA team
· Be proactive in flagging, escalating and owning the resolution of issues arising as they relate to the gathering or ratification of requirements or the health of the backlog/sprint
· Understanding of IT infrastructure and ecommerce ecosystem including ecommerce platforms, CMS, CRM, content and digital asset management
· Understanding of social media platforms and applications:
· Phone applications
· Digital marketing
· Viral marketing
· Research, Development, Creative technologies (software and hardware):
· AI and machine learning
· Moving Image Technologies
· Interactive Environments
· 3D Graphics
· Digital Imaging
· Music & Audio Applications
· Live Performance Technology
· Gaming technology and development
· Awareness of the Burberry Brand and luxury ecommerce/retail market
· A broad understanding of all technologies used in building digital propositions.
· Able to communicate technology issues with non-technical people
· Ability to contribute to idea development
· An aptitude for visual presentation, used to articulating ideas and user journeys through sketches, diagrams
· Thorough focus on end to end elements of delivery
· Structured, analytical and assertive mindset
· Great people skills with an ability to understand needs rather than spoken wants
· Good judgement skills
· Ability to balance keeping things simple with detail orientation as appropriate
· A creative and entrepreneurial mindset
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || Information Technology || IT - Digital Commerce, Marketing and CMD || n/a ||