Description de l'offre
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
Burberry’s core strategy is to sharpen our brand position, placing ourselves firmly in luxury, with a focus on meeting every customer need, from fashion forward adopters to heritage customers. Across ecommerce channels such as web, app, email and social, Burberry is seeking to offer customers ‘best in class’ experiences on their digital journey, based on demonstrable awareness of their needs and interactions with us.
A cornerstone of this strategy is enhancement of the personalisation capabilities on our customer’s digital journey and we are seeking a Business Analyst with a love of data and the capabilities it creates to join our Customer Journey team, focussed on enabling all digital channels to curate content based on our awareness of customer needs and behaviours.
As the business analyst on this team, you’ll be an end-to-end ecommerce all-rounder with experience of leveraging back end capabilities for front end channels. You’ll have a proven background in agile working across distributed teams, including iterative delivery/test and learn approaches. You will be facilitating the gathering and communication of requirements in a team of skilled professionals including product owners, project managers, data scientists, data engineers, API developers and integration teams. You’ll also be part of a wider community of business analysts within the digital portfolio and across the organisation.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly collaborative environment and look for individuals who thrive in this type of setting. We also look for pragmatists and lateral thinkers with creative problem-solving skills, and are capable of confidently and effectively challenging scope and solutions for the better.
The role of the digital business analyst for Customer Journeys is
· To provide clarity on what is required of our data solutions to satisfy business requirements Personalisation and from all stakeholder groups
· To be proactive in engaging stakeholders and the delivery teams across digital channels and services at all levels to analyse, ratify and document scope, requirements and processes, identify dependencies and synergies relating to requirements and solutions.
· Work in collaboration with product owners, data scientists, analytics, architects, data engineers, API developers, offshore development teams and third parties to create a backlog of user stories and business process artefacts to enable a range of capabilities
· Work across a range of teams and skillsets on the programme (e.g. Data Science, API engineering), planning analysis effectively to ensure ‘backlog readiness’ across all – including backlog refinement with nearshore development teams
· Support the creation of API documentation for each set of data point integrations to ensure channel teams have the documentation they need to leverage the capabilities created
· Bridge between IT and business teams - identifying, understanding and articulating the business process or infrastructure change/impact of an initiative, during inception and discovery phases to surface high level approach and impact
· Identify and understand impact of cross-stream technical and feature dependencies and action accordingly to ensure consistency in requirements across streams and platform
· To identify opportunities to iterate the product backlog and help product owners and delivery teams prioritise and phase deliverables to maximise business value.
· Be proactive in flagging, escalating and owning the resolution of issues arising as they relate to the gathering or ratification of requirements or the health of the backlog/sprint
· Support, evolve and consistently contribute to continuous improvement in ways of working and outputs of the Digital BA team
· A broad understanding of all technologies used in building digital propositions.
· Able to communicate technology issues with non-technical people
· Ability to contribute to idea development
· An aptitude for visual presentation, used to articulating ideas and user journeys through sketches, diagrams
· Thorough focus on end to end elements of delivery
· Structured and analytical in problem solving
· Great people skills with an ability to understand needs rather than spoken wants
· Good judgement skills
· Ability to balance keeping things simple with detail orientation as appropriate
· A creative and entrepreneurial mindset
Technical and business competencies:
· Experience of end to end ecommerce ecosystem and infrastructure
· Data capture, usage and storage in web/digital environment
· Front end development: web, app, in store technology
· Back end development: personalisation, partnerships, ecommerce platforms, supply chain management, CMS, CRM, content and digital asset management
· Experience working with data, API and feed/back end technologies
· Proven background in Agile methodologies, as well as working across distributed teams Experience of using JIRA, Confluence or similar agile tools
· Understanding of social media platforms and applications
· Understanding of digital customer propositions and trends
· Awareness of the Burberry Brand and luxury ecommerce/retail market more broadly
Additional qualifications or competencies
· BCS/other Business Analysis qualification or demonstrable experience
· Familiar with Graphic suite tools like OmniGraffle, Axure, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
· Skilled in Excel, PowerPoint and Word, Visio etc
· Technical education desirable
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || Information Technology || IT - Digital Commerce, Marketing and CMD || n/a ||