Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
Burberry plc, a global multi-billion-pound luxury fashion business, is seeking to hire an Accountant. The role is part of a new Burberry Business Services (BBS) organisation based in Leeds, United Kingdom. Accountant will be responsible for execution of Record to Report (“RTR”) UK&I team tasks within the BBS Finance function in accordance with agreed service level agreements and key performance indicators. The successful candidates will participate in the establishment of the new team, working with a project team to transition from the existing arrangements, before subsequently taking responsibility for delivering all specified activities in Leeds.
· Execution of RTR transactions.
· Reconciliation, review and approval of RTR balances.
· Preparation and review of RTR reports.
· Responding for a significant number of ad hoc queries, and analysis as required, prioritising work effectively to ensure that these queries are responded to on a timely basis.
· Ensure compliance with the Group Policies, including operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting.
· Participate in migration of accounting processes to BBS and support migration of other functions (e.g. PTP, OTC, Procurement, Customer Services, HR).
· Role may require work on some weekend/public holidays during half year and year end periods.
· Apply understanding of assigned accounting processes to identify gaps and propose continuous improvement measures.
· Work closely with the process owners, colleagues and managers to understand root causes and represent process procedures, practicalities and exceptions.
· Proactively seeks feedback from fellow team members and other internal and external customers, and uses this to inform future delivery of services.
Qualifactions & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field is required.
· Professional accounting qualification/part qualified is required i.e. ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar.
· SAP training and certification is a plus.
· Relevant accounting experience.
· Experience in application of IFRS/UK GAAP is required.
· SAP and retail or FMCG industry experience preferred.
· Experience of BPC, an advantage.
· Accounting role within a large, listed, multinational company is a plus.
· Worked within a multicurrency environment; understanding the impact of movements in exchange rates on reported results is a plus.
· Experience working in an accounting team in a Shared
· Service environment is a plus.
· Must be able to fully grasp the broader issues and provide functional guidance to those reporting to them, rather than rely on their own technical skill set. Requires good understanding of IT systems and processes.
· Can provide evidence of working collaboratively with peers.
· Advanced Excel skills with experience of building and working with complex models and large data sets
· Ability to build strong relationships, both with the wider Finance team and throughout the BBS.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Observes and champions corporate policies and business values.
· Thinks conceptually and identifies and addresses future challenges and opportunities, often in an ambiguous environment.
· Needs to be comfortable in ‘dealing with the numbers’ - i.e. able to extract strategic themes and trends, compare and convert figures across the group and use high-level figures to make decisions.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || Finance || Record to Report || n/a ||
Job Segment: Accounting, ERP, SAP, Procurement, Finance, Technology, Operations