Description de l'offre
The British and Colombian Chamber (B&CCC) is an independent, not-for-profit business organization that aims to build closer ties between the business communities of Colombia and the United Kingdom by promoting investment relations and bilateral trade between these two nations.
THE B&CCC INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME
The B&CCC regularly seeks qualified interns to join our small but dynamic team. The B&CCC provides an opportunity for candidates to work in a unique international environment, providing them with an insight into the chamber of commerce movement and their role of supporting and fostering business activity and development.
Interns work closely with the Executive Director and the team in assisting in the development and implementation of new and current projects and activities.
The ideal candidate should be able to work with minimal supervision, taking initiative in assisting the team in completing project tasks. Candidates should have a solid educational background (economic and business students preferred) and highly interested in working in an international environment. He/she should have excellent computer skills. English and Spanish are the working languages, but Spanish is not mandatory.
The average duration of an internship is around 3-4 months, but extensions are possible and special cases are considered.
The role of the Admin and accounting is to provide support primarily to the Executive Director but also managing the chambers income and expenditure. .
This role would suit an individual looking to develop a career in accountancy.
The Accounting intern will report directly to the Executive Director the role is designed to provide the Executive Director with administrative and support delivery.
The intern will assist in fulfilling the following primary responsibilities:
• Keeping records of payments, invoices, receipts and debit/credit notes.
• Entering information in the system.
• Checking bank statements against records.
• Preparing cash-flow statements.
• Petty cash and VAT administration.
• Paying and recording all accounts and bills for the business for both
Incoming and outgoing transactions.
• Completing and maintaining all general ledgers in accordance with basic
Bookkeeping and accounting principles.
• Correcting and reconciling any discrepancies within ledgers, accounts or
Other financial statements.
• Developing strategies to reduce costs.
• Meeting with the Executive Director to discuss the ledgers and answer any
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Math and business related degrees.
• Numeracy Skills
• Excellent oral and written English-language skills;
• Outstanding organization skills
• Attention to detail
• Solid communication skills and an entrepreneurial spirit
• Working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and MS processes