Appointment Type: Permanent
BATUKE is an export entity servicing 25+ markets globally. Finished Goods, Cut rag tobacco and wrapping materials are purchased from BAT factories and third parties, and sold to 3rd Party Distributors and BAT entities. The business model for exports continues to be subject to change and hence the team operates in a continuously evolving environment with ongoing project support as well as flexibility being a key requirement of the job holder and team.
Reporting to and providing support to the BATUKE Credit Control Manager.
· Assist with monitoring, reporting and controlling the debt levels within BATUKE including compilation of daily exposure report
· Support SAP order release and communication processes
· Compliance to and documentation of all credit related SOx controls
· Support provision of forecasts of cash receipts from customers to the Global Treasury Operations team (GTO)
· Support the Credit Manager as necessary in respect of Credit Reporting for BATUKE, providing timely and accurate information to end markets
· Support Credit Manager in managing exceptional release processes and Credit Committee meetings
· Build a strong network within BAT to ensure that issues can be quickly identified and resolved
· Manage recharging of insurance and other credit costs
· Continuously strive for efficiency without compromising the quality and integrity of the Management information
Knowledge Skills and Experience
· The job holder must have an up to date understanding of credit management and trade finance related topics in an export environment. These topics should include knowledge of credit insurance, bank guarantees, letters of credit etc.
· Solid experience in a global FMCG or similar dynamic operating environment
· An understanding of the cigarette and leaf business
· A self-starter who can identify options to solve new problems and challenges rather than always looking to others for solutions
· An ability to work effectively with all levels of staff within the Company and externally
· A good understanding of BAT’s Target Operating Model
· A good understanding of BAT standard processes as enabled by TaO
· A good working knowledge of SAP.
· Excellent Excel skills
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.
Contractual Legal Entity: BAT UK & Exports Ltd (GBEE)