Function: Global Business Services
Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Permanent
Application deadline: 12/09/2019
· Responsible for managing the P&R activities for Amsterdam Corporate Office / Switzerland Corporate Office (ACO / SCO);
· Ensure financial reporting in BPC is done correctly and in line with the group requirements and deadlines, for both forecast (monthly, quarterly, annually) and actual (monthly, quarterly and annually);
· Ensure consistency between reporting systems (BPC Stat, BPC management) and ECC. Ensure all Data Quality and Integrity requirements are met;
· Ensure consistency between the financial statements (PL, BS, CF) and also consistency between the financials reported for the entities within the ACO / SCO chain. Ensure all intercompany transactions are correctly reported;
· Engage with the end market teams, and understand the business requirements, and correctly report these in BPC; ensure high quality of BPC financial data;
· Provide quality general analysis and overall business support to ACO / SCO team;
· Maintain strong collaboration and engagement with other PR teams involved with ACO / SCO, to ensure the overall financials are consistent and reported correctly. Sense check reporting of End markets related Profit centers, to ensure all data is correct at company code level;
· Monitor, observe and test system to determine data and/or application problems; create, manage, organize and interpret data;
· Problem solving of complex and multi-faced system related issues. Identify errors and identify solutions to fix them;
· Coordinate other teams (Masterdata, GL) to ensure preventive controls are run, and then interpret the results to identify potential errors; engage with technical consultants to address system issues;
· Understand the functionalities, interfaces and interdependencies of the processes and systems; ensure adequate internal and data controls are performed;
· Provide technical advice and assistance during reporting cycles, by focusing on the system related issues such as troubleshooting errors returned by the systems, root cause analysis of the errors discovered during the data quality and integrity work, documenting change requests/errors log for solutioning by the technical support team etc.
· Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics;
· Proven experience as a Senior Finance Analyst or similar role;
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel in particular;
· Familiarity with accounting and reporting software (SAP, BPC);
· Excellent organization and communication skills;
· Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen;
· Fluency in English.
· ACO / SCO End market team;
· GBS Service Lines (GL, Masterdata, IGT);
· Technical consultants;
Central Finance teams: CP&A, Stat Accounts, UK companies.
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.