The Founder’s guide to what the Marketing Manager will look after.
The Bourgeois Boheme brand
Bourgeois Boheme is a distinctive shoe brand with exposure in both online and wholesale channels. Created by the Founder, Alicia Lai over 12 years ago, the brand is underpinned by strong ethical values that reflect Alicia and her families own vegan lifestyle.
Innovation, strong design and excellent craftsmanship are at the heart of this ethical brand. They are not crunchy granola. Alicia’s background in podiatry mean that the shoes are designed for excellent fit and comfort. While the team take the brand seriously, they don’t take themselves too seriously. They are fun, open minded and keen to grow the business by extending the reach to more customers.
Current customers love the brand, they are true advocates. The plan is to sell more to these customers as well as attract more customers who share similar values.
The role of Marketing Manager
This is a new role created to support the next exciting stage in the development of the Bourgeois Boheme brand. The role of Marketing Manager will determine the impact of the Bourgeois Boheme brand across all digital, social, PR and marketing platforms in the UK and internationally. It is a necessity that the visual content, tone of voice and handwriting for the brand are evident at every turn. The development of a fully consistent asset creation and editorial approach for the brand is key. Bourgeois Boheme has a clear story to tell and this is the major building block for the creative work involved in engaging with current and future customers by bringing the brand to life at each touch point.
Reporting to the Founder and working closely with her you will interpret and build on her vision for the brand. The Founder is investing in the brand, working with consultants to underpin the strategic focus of the business. The role of Marketing Manager is key to the strategy.
You will have dynamism, your own leadership skills and a ‘can do’ attitude. You will be an ideas person, thriving in an environment where you are encouraged to offer proactive creative solutions. Good communication and an open approach to collaborating with other members of this small, enthusiastic team to balance resource will be positively applauded.
You will be working with marketing, PR and development agencies to achieve growth through structured planning and communication. You will have organisational and planning experience, but you’ll be as comfortable working reactively as putting a plan together.
A focus on the customer, aligned with a creative and commercial mind that will make an outstanding contribution to the development of the Bourgeois Boheme brand.
Tools of the Trade…
• Strong working knowledge of CMS systems, analytics tools, email marketing systems and social media platforms. (This will be a key aspect of the role).
• Experience in social media, digital marketing, and PR.
• Proven ability to manage creative projects from concept to delivery.
• Ability to produce excellent creative copy within tight time parameters.
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Excellent Photoshop and Illustrator skills are required.
• An open mind related to ethics, the vegan lifestyle, and an interest in the fashion industry.
• Dynamism and ambition.
• Creative thinking to enhance any brand requirements (outside the box…..)
• Proactive, visible leadership qualities. Doing not saying.
• Excellent communication and people skills. Ability to maintain team morale, as well as being a strong and diplomatic team player.
• Will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
You will be joining us at an early stage in our growth plans and will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our exciting ambitions.
The role is a full-time position.
We are based in South West London, with excellent access to a fast train service into Central London. 20 mins to Waterloo, 10mins to Clapham Junction by train and 10mins to Richmond by bus.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter