BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 71 countries, with 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe and 6 000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its businesses, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients -- individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large corporates, institutional investors and community organisations -- with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business, delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients. With solid roots in Europe and a strong global presence, Global Markets is a leader in derivatives, bringing efficient trading and execution, market-leading research and strategy, tailor-made products and a sustainable long-term business model.
The Marketing & Communications team has a unique position within the BNP Paribas Global Markets set up. This 40+ staff team located in the trading rooms of all main Global Markets platforms as well as in Lisbon, has 6 main objectives:
· Developing BNP Paribas' Global Markets brand image amongst our target clients throughout the world
· Contributing to the strengthening of the Group image by working hand-in-hand with local Corp Coms and CIB coms on all communication matters
· Contributing to broadening our customer base
· Enhancing the relationship with our existing clients where relevant
· Packaging and marketing our products to sell more
· Better facilitating internal communication as well as supporting recruitment and team development initiatives
In a business where every day changes, the tasks of the marketing and communications team range from drafting a strategic marketing plan for a developing business, executing a marketing campaign involving coordinated press interviews, adverts, events, direct marketing, and educational seminars, or writing a complex brochure. As a result, multi-skills, excellent relationships to interact with a wide range of departments and the ability to be both strategic and hands-on are a pre-requisite for all team members.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Key responsibility is to automate in VBA all manual processes and materials of the Marketing team
· Interact with local and onshore (Paris, UK) teams directly for requirement gathering. Discuss the requirement with team and estimate the timeline
· Ensure that all the development and documentation protocols have been followed
· Test the application before giving it to team
· Provide support to the existing Application or Macro
· Strong schooling, undergraduate and postgraduate academic background
· IT/VBA mandatory
· Good command on written and spoken English
· Flexibility, creativity, adaptability
· Understanding of the business/banking world
· Speed, perfectionism, pro-activity, will to improve and learn
· Expert in VBA – mainly for MS Office Excel application
· Experience in requirement gathering, analysing the requirement, application debugging and bug fixing would be a plus
· Very strong attention to detail and ability to handle and respect multiple deadlines
· Perfect fluency in English and Portuguese, knowledge of Spoken/Written French would be a plus (but not a requirement)
· Ability to work independently with business partners in on boarding new projects
· Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
· Clearly exhibited analytical, logical and decision making capabilities
· SQL knowledge would be a plus (but not a requirement)
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.