BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Global Markets is BNP Paribas' capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks.
Global Markets encompasses five global business lines: G10 Rates, Equity Derivatives, FXLM.COMM (Forex, Local Markets & Commodity Derivatives), Primary & Credit Markets, Prime Solutions & Financing, helping their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk.
The role proposed is covering two of them, Prime Solutions and Financing and FXLM.COMM. The successful candidate will work directly with the US teams of these two business lines located in NY.
Prime Solutions & Financing combines the historical strength in traditional Prime Brokerage services providing the following business offering (Financing, Prime Brokerage Services, Risk Management and Execution) – top rated in Securities Lending, Client Service, Capital Introduction and more – with the innovative DNA of the GECD franchise. This combination allows us to anticipate client needs and develop solutions to the problems they face.
Foreign Exchange, Local Markets and Commodity Derivatives are three dynamic businesses which share certain characteristics: client focused, an international markets dimension, and have experienced significant volatility and regulatory impact. On these businesses, the trajectory is in the direction of greater electronification, greater solutions provided to clients, more focus on conduct and regulatory requirements, and the need for innovation.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Prime Brokerage Risk Analyst
· Monitor daily, weekly and monthly production of client equity / margin figures / market data
· Ad-hoc Client and Management Reporting
· Prospect Portfolio Analysis, Set-up and maintain Risk Parameters of client
· Harmonize the tasks across the regions – Participate on the coordination between the locations to find a 1 way of working
· Improve on current processes and tasks
· Contact different teams across the Bank to fix issues (Sales, IT, Back and Middle Office)
Commodity Sales Assistant
· Perform post trade reconciliations to ensure data is properly reflected in internal systems
· Create daily, weekly and monthly trade activity summaries based on booking system
· Manage internal bookings for client specific request
Conduct and Development
· Ethical conduct and decisions are expected in the role
· A conscientious attitude to clients, work and BNPP
· Respecting fundamental risk concepts. Always consider risk in daily activities and abide by the Key Front Officer Responsibilities and GM Principles and Guidelines
· Understand the market, credit, operational, compliance, legal, regulatory and reputational risks of transactions and relationships
· Direct contribution to BNP Paribas operational permanent control framework
· Attend relevant training courses to maintain appropriate regulatory, products and technical skills
Please note the successful candidate will need to be willing / able to work an alternative shift pattern 11.00 to 20.00 or 12.00 to 21.00
· Bachelors/Master's degree or overseas equivalent, preferably in a scientific discipline
· Expertise with data analysis and visualization skills
· Demonstrate strong quantitative skills
· Knowledge of Equity Derivatives is a plus
· Strong knowledge of the Office tools mainly Microsoft Excel
· Knowledge in programing languages such as VBA or Python is a plus
· Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and listening in English - communicates pro-actively with management, escalating issues as necessary
· Ability to undertake a number of issues simultaneously is essential as well as the ability to work under high pressure
· Strong organizational skills
· Risk awareness - demonstrates awareness of risk and fundamental risk concepts
· Client focus and ability to work in teams
· Resilience and stress resistance
· Capable of making decisions and able to meet challenging targets
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.