The position is within the CIB Performance Management Reporting Team in the Regional North America platform located in Montreal, under the supervision of the Head of Performance Management
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
Within Finance, Performance Management team is primarily responsible for the proper organization of the Financial Planning, the internal Management Reporting and the communication of financial information to the Client Services Team.
The role involves a deep understanding of the business activity of BNP Paribas together with a solid knowledge of Finance and management reporting requirements. Main activities cover:
· Performance Management reporting for actuals and budget.
· Preparation of ad hoc reporting on revenues, direct costs, allocated costs, resources and other indicators.
· Active contribution to projects involving the evolution of tools and reporting needs.
· Contribution to the transformation of the Performance Management delivery model leveraging Digital solutions.
The role, primarily focuses on Management Reporting activities and financial analytics for the CIB activities.
· Produce monthly management reports; this covers actual production and maintenance considering that the structure evolves frequently to take into account changes in business focus or organization. The role also involves a continuous improvement strategy to ensure that data are collected, organized, enriched and reported in a secure way with a full audit trail.
· Ensure that reports are prepared in full adherence with management accounting principles and data reconciled with Finance systems.
· Apply knowledge of tools and the business in order to identify process improvements and implement reporting changes. Design and Process improvement expertise are critical as the Canada position is envisioned as a reporting center of excellence with the skills to streamline and automate report production and other financial tasks. The role also requires a solid understanding of Digital solutions to contribute to the transformation of the Performance Management delivery model.
· Support on an ad hoc basis other Performance Management activities (maintenance, support to budget exercise, review of allocation keys, etc.)
Projects, systems support, operational process improvements:
· Participate in the upgrades/version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments/enhancements required to facilitate new/modified reporting requirements. In connection with this effort, assist in user acceptance testing and after care post deployment.
· Assist in identifying operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team's efficiency and effectiveness. Also, assist in integrating and streamlining the reports under the team's responsibility.
· Maintain the cost center and métier referentials on a monthly basis, collecting inputs from the CST in New York and performing consistency checks on the whole scope, summarizing points for review.
Day to day production:
· Collect, organize and update financials and non-financials data for monthly reporting.
· Ensure delivery of all financial data/reporting in a timely manner.
· Ensure the control and the integrity of the data throughout the reporting production.
· Ensure that the reports are in accordance with the quality and granularity defined.
· Ensure that the quality controls are defined and properly designed.
· Perform sanity checks on reports published on a monthly basis, challenge figures and ensure completeness, consistency and accuracy of the data reported. This includes CST reports offshored to ISPL.
· Maintain and share Productivity KPI for the extended team located in ISPL.
· Enhance and automate all the production reports and ensure that relevant documentation is up-to date and published on a yearly basis.
Support the Client Services teams (CST) located in New York :
· Have a close link and communication channel with the CST in order to gather necessary information on business and functions evolution.à
· Keep them informed of any potential delay/risk that could impact agreed production timeline.
· Perform ad'hoc reporting when requested by the Head of CST.
· In partnership with the CST, contribute to the enhancement of the platform tools as well as the automation and standardization of the tools & reports.
· Perform a regular review of all the set of reporting to ensure that they remain key for management.
· Support the budget and forecast process by preparing data extractions for review, helping to challenge figures.
· Contribute to any project that has an impact on the reporting filliere (sourcing, mapping, systems evolutions…).
· Observe the bank policies and procedure.
· Assist in any special project or request as directed by Management.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
· Financial and performance analysis: Degree in Performance Management and Finance from a reputable university. Minimum 3 to 5 years of Financial Reporting or Performance Management, preferably within Financial Services Industries.
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English and French.
· Digital tools: Excellent IT skills, including experience with data processing tools such as Knime or preferably Alteryx or SQL, and creating reports using Business Intelligence tools (SQL, Server Analysis, Tableau or Power BI) as well as Excel skills including pivot tables, power query, advanced Excel functions and macros. Knowledge in Sharepoint (Lists) and other scripting technology would be appreciated (Powershell, Python, Vba) and/or in processes to collect information (mostly via Forms in tools to be defined).
· Accounting: Knowledge of USGAAP and IFRS is a plus.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
· Ability to develop and adapt a process: Ability to manage multiple projects, and effectively prioritize workload when dealing with multiple deadlines. Experience in project management supervision and coordination.
· Ability to deliver/Result driven: Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment.
· Analytical Ability: Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills. Ability to develop and leverage networks to increase knowledge on the organization and the related processes
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group's activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.