BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 71 countries, with 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe and 6 000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its businesses, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients -- individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large corporates, institutional investors and community organisations -- with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
The Procurement activity at Group Strategic Sourcing (at Group and Entity level) supports the Entities of BNP Paribas Group in the process of buying goods and services to get the best combination of quality, cost, risks and delivery time. Its mandate covers all the Group external expenses. The Procurement activity of BNP Paribas Group's main tasks are to meet the needs of the businesses/entities in terms of external spending while ensuring the best cost-quality-time for the Group, optimizing these external costs and guarantee the security of the supplier relationship.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Within Group Strategic Sourcing Services, the Middle Office Helpdesk team supports our Accounts Payable activities as part of the Cost Accounting Operations Department. Transversally, the members of this team are in charge of analysing and handling information requests from internal clients and external suppliers.
As a member of the Middle Office Helpdesk team you will:
· Handle and register requests via email/phone from internal customers or external suppliers
· Analyse and provide adequate and timely response to all information requests
· Ensure request resolution
· Register best practices in the knowledge management database
· Provide input to improve request resolution and contribute to continuous improvement
· Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent by experience, in Finance, Business Management, Accounting or similar
· Up to 3 years of relevant experience in similar roles and activities (previous experience in Accounts Payable being a strong plus)
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) is mandatory
· Knowledge of SAP platform is a strong plus
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to manage priorities and work under pressure
· Strong customer orientation
· Active listening
· Dynamic and pro-active
· Accurate and rigorous
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· Fluent in French (mandatory) and English (minimum B2 Level, CECRL certificate)
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.