BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The data officer is one of the process stakeholders who intervenes in the client life cycle as part of the KYC Due Diligence.
Acting as a key stakeholder in the KYC data governance, the data officer is responsible for collecting the accessible information and documents required to identify and verify the identity of the clients, its UBOs and other related persons, in compliance with internal policies and guidelines.
Collection of information and documents
· Identifies the documents and information required to complete/ update the client KYC file according to the requested list of documents and covering multi-site requirement, if applicable
· Uses all available and validated sources to collect documentation & information required without client/ RM involvement
· Liaises with the E2E coordinator to gather remaining KYC documentation & information from the client and internal RMs or, under delegation, directly gather KYC documentation & information from the client/RM
· Supports E2E Coordinator and RM in understanding the rational of KYC document collection
· Translates documentation in English where possible to provide any key information required for the KYC file risk assessment
· Highlights main information in the KYC documents
· Monitor the collection process and escalate if necessary
Control & analysis of documents
· Ensures and validates that collected documents are consistent, valid and adequate with internal procedures/guidelines
· Extract from the documentation all requested information according to KYC policies
Documents upload and data capture
· Adequately upload and classify KYC documentation upon reception (at least the day of reception)
· Capture all requested KYC information in KYC systems
· Expertise with the AML / KYC regulatory requirements and stakes for financial institutions
· General financial knowledge (industry and products)
· General legal knowledge
· Fluent in English (another language is a plus)
· Excellent analytical skills
· Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
· Quality oriented
· Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
· Good interpersonal skills
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
Ideal candidate profile