At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference... Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
... Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
· Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
· Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
· A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
As a Graduate, you will also benefit from a Development Program that aims to help your further your career by discovering your potential through customized trainings, coaching & networking sessions.
About the Department
We provide all Human Resources services: recruitment, administration of benefits, support and professional development at the Canadian platform
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
To provide support to the HR Business Partners Team. The Junior HRBP will assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the HRBP functions and duties. The Junior HRBP will carry out responsibilities in the following areas: performance process, promotion and compensation process, employee relations, learning and development, Equity Diversity and Inclusion initiatives.
• Provide HR support and advice to employees and line managers (on policies, processes)
• Streamline and support all processes where HRBP are involved such as: performance process, compensation and promotion process, learning and Development initiatives, employee relations issues, exit interview data and trends analysis. Protocols and support related to Covid 19.
• Work closely with the different HR Teams (HR Connect team, Talent Acquisition, Comp & Ben, L&D…)
•Have the ownership of a scope of clients to manage
•Support and deliver on Equity Diversity and Inclusion projects with EDI HR Lead (HR processes, policies to review, develop training with L&D team …)
Management Information & Analysis:
• Prepare information for the HRBP Team relating to compensation, appraisals, job descriptions and deal with adhoc requests for information
• Collate information and analysis as required relating to HR initiatives and requests from the business
• Assist with the HR mobility review
• Contribute to HR projects and act as project administrator.
Support HR Processes:
• Liaise with managers, employees and the different teams within HR to ensure a smooth and good internal service
• Assisting with Employee Relations cases and review of certain policies
• Conduct exit interviews, report on trends and escalate issues when appropriate (collect and analyze to anticipate certain trends)
•Coordinating relevant information related to internal movements, obtaining approvals from Management and sending out notification to HR Connect, employees and managers
Support dedicated business scope:
Under the coaching of Senior HRBPs, work with a dedicated business to develop leadership, be an advisor and work hand in hand on processes (see the pragmatical side of the processes).
Building a trust relationship with business and influencing from a strategy and organizational perspective
Support and participate in Equity Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
With the Lead of HR D&I participate in the following:
Review our policies and practices for more inclusion
Work with our ERGs and D&I Council to help deploy our Employment Equity Plans
Work with our 5 Streams to support education and awareness sessions, develop specific external partners with specialized agencies or organizations.
Collect and analyze quarterly data to drive our EDI initiatives accordingly.
Analyze and help building the annual Employment Equity Report.
Analyze and build with D&I Lead actions following results of Gender Certification…
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Skills & Experience Required:
Graduate from a Bachelor in industrial relations is preferred. Candidates with Bachelor’s in Management/Business Administration will also be considered.
A desire to grow and develop a career with HR and learn about all the different disciplines within HR as well as desire to learn basic employment legislation
A true interest in Equity Diversity and Inclusion subjects.
Excellent Communication skills, with good written and verbal English
Flexible and collaborative mindset
Uses own initiative and can work independently although uses judgement to know when to ask for help and guidance
Takes responsibility for own work
Understands and is process oriented
Appreciates that projects need to be completed, methodical approach with an ability to work under pressure
Able to build appropriate professional, and accessible relationships with employees and line managers
MS Word - Must have a minimum of intermediate skills, good typing skills an advantage
MS Excel - Ideally will have intermediate to advanced skills, the ability to put together spreadsheets with formulae and filters, produce charts and graphs, v lookups, pivot tables
MS PowerPoint - intermediate to advanced skills
Good general IT skills and now how to navigate through databases and retrieve information efficiently.
Bilingual French and English
Proactive & works on own initiative
Excellent Organisation skills
Prioritization & Time Management while multi-tasking
Good Team Spirit
Ability to deal with individuals at all levels
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity:
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site - please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 514-285-6000
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **