About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
Bank of the West is a regional financial services company, headquartered in San Francisco, California. It is a subsidiary of BNP Paribas. It has more than 600 branches and offices in the Midwest and Western United States. Bank of the West is seeking a Junior ETL Support engineer with Minimum 3 year's previous related experience with ETL Support. This role will involve/provide expert level hands-on exposure on ETL support activity.
Jr ETL Support
Business Line / Function:
IRB - Bank of the West IT
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Provide a brief description of the overall purpose of the position, why this position exists and how it will contribute in achieving the team's goal.
Under the supervision of the EADS Production operations Manager/Lead, the ETL Support engineer will be working, Troubleshooting ETL jobs and follow escalation procedures to resolve the issue and Provide on call support for Informatica ETL jobs (on rotation 24x7)
• Collaborate internally with BIDM and external sources to build an integrated data solution%5Cdelivery.
• Able to understand%5Cwrite shell scripts and sql (Oracle) for regular maintenance jobs to improve performance and uptime of Informatica platform.
• Troubleshooting ETL jobs and follows escalation procedures to resolve the issue.
• Collaborate and work with development team on L3 issues and follow the task to completion.
• Provide on call support for Informatica ETL jobs (on rotation 24x7)
• Maintenance of the Informatica ETL platform infrastructure (upgrades, patches, health monitoring). • Worked on Change Management Tools to track all the incidents and changes and to plan the production changes as per the change management policies.
• Collaborate and provide technical solutions as required to resolve complex production issues.
• Provide on call support for Informatica Infrastructure coordinating/applying patches.
• Participate in BIDM IT upcoming releases, risks, mitigation plan and create implementation plan.
• Ensures adherence to bank and information systems policies and procedures, security measures and audit standards.
• Able to understand process quickly and apply processes for the BIDM Prod-Ops.
• Team player
· Experience on Service Management tools/Version Control/Application Monitoring tools with proven ability on improving operational efficiency measuring KPI and identifying RCA and providing long term solutions to improve operational standards.
· Participate in BIDM IT upcoming releases, risks, mitigation plan and create implementation plan.
• Ability to handle day to day support activities and ETL Admin related activities
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Beginer level knowledge on Informatica, Oracle, SQL, Scheduler, UNIX/Linux scripting.
· Good team player and ability to work on own initiatives with minimal direction
· Good analytical, problem solving and documentation skills
· Ability to adapt to changing business needs (flexible) and learning new skills quickly
· Good written and verbal communication skills, together with the ability to communicate with management and other business and technical groups
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills : (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Ability to develop and leverage networks
BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Ideal candidate profile