Job Description - APAC
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships”.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business line/Function :
WMIS Hub Operations Division is in-charge of the maintenance and support of WM Back-office applications, primarily Olympic, which is the Core banking/accounting system of BNP Paribas Wealth Management. Olympic is an integrated banking system with a real-time accounting module and several transactional modules: General Ledger, Securities, Foreign Exchange, Treasury, Money Transfers, Credit Retail, and Corporate Action.
WMIS Hub Operations
Business Line / Function:
Risk & Credit
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
This position is very important because this candidate would be key contact for initiatives that fall under Java Chapter. It is for Senior Java Developer and Technical Lead who will work within our Core Banking System (CBS) team in Singapore and mentor and lead a team in Chennai. He would also be working for other projects in the domain including Corporate Actions and Digitization of the bank.
• Lead a team efficiently to drive the project to completion.
• Participate to the full development lifecycle including design, estimation, planning, development, unit test, release and implementation support.
• Work with the Business Analyst and Solution architects to understand the business requirements and translate them to technical solutions in the application.
• Contribute / review the technical specifications.
• Responsible for managing & reporting technical risks.
• Control and Maintain the quality of the developments (norms & standards, frameworks, source control, technical reviews, code reviews)
• Provide guidance to team members.
• Participate to recruitment, onboard and train new comers.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Hands-on experience with various Java / Web technologies and frameworks: Spring (Core, Security, MVC), JPA, REST API, JMS.
• Hands-on experience with Oracle PL/SQL.
• Hands-on experience as Tech Leader, coaching team members and leading the building and delivery of Web / Mobile solutions.
• Hands-on experience on API related activities: requirement analysis, design, resource based API modeling, micro-services architecture.
• Hands-on experience on User Interface development. Either Angular 5.x or React.
• Mentor a team and work with groups effectively.
• Strong knowledge about design patterns and development principles.
• Good practical knowledge of design of RDBMS and SQL.
• Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience and knowledge of automated testing (TDD, BDD).
• Proven/previous experience with CI/CD, DevOps and Agile.
• General banking knowledge or Banking knowledge related to Wealth Management / Private banking.
• Preferably Knowledge of Mainframe architecture and/or Olympic software package.
• Preferably experienced with Micro-services, Docker.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Java / Web Technologies and Frameworks
Spring (Core, Security and MVC)
Behavioural Skills : (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to share / pass on knowledge
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Ideal candidate profile