About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
· Attend to RMs queries in a timely and professional manner
· Work with other senior advisors to propose new issues, switch ideas and to prepare in house credit research if needed
· Work with ICs/RMs/Market Advisors to help them prepare client meetings/client calls/portfolio reviews
· Prepare tailor-made fixed income/structure products solutions at RMs’ request
· Participate to Fixed Income recommendation lists elaboration and product due diligence
· Ensure that all product documentation & presentation is compliant with BNPP WM internal guidelines and selling process
· Participate to global campaigns with other centers (Paris, Geneva) to launch global structured products
· Deliver of an efficient and reputable dealing service on cash bonds and FI derivatives
· Ensure efficient use of OMS
To achieve the following in accordance with Bank policies and guidelines :
· Direct contribution to BNP Paribas Operational permanent control framework.
· Provide timely updates to RMs, actively screen for new ideas (bonds or structured products) in conjunction with outlook.
· Generate and develop investment ideas on various fixed income instruments and the related structured products that meet clients’ investment objective and risk preference
· Help monitor new issue blotters and coordinate with compliance on regular checking
· Ensure error free dealing flow on fixed income area
· Prepare market presentation material and client proposals
· Work closely with Middle Office, LBS and RPC to ensure operation efficiency
Essential Technical Knowledge/Skills :
· Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Bloomberg
· Good spoken and written English
· Fluent in English, Mandarin or Cantonese (preferably both)
· Dealing in bonds
Qualifications and Experience :
· 3 to 10 years’ experience in bond dealing / advisory / credit research