Within BNP Paribas Hong Kong, the KYC Operations team's is responsible for the KYC due diligence on the clients of the bank for onboarding or recertification.
The team supports the Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) business which encompasses diverse métiers and products.
The team is responsible for 3 main activities:
1. Execute the onboarding and recertification of clients of the bank in adherence to the Global KYC Policy
2. Align with internal stake holders to provide clarity on the KYC file during such process
3. Provide support on dashboarding, change and data quality management
The responsibilities of this role will be diverse and varying, depending on work required to be actioned.
- Perform thorough investigation on hits, PEPs and adverse news in close co-ordination with different internal BNPP teams, including the relationship managers.
- Ensure all relevant information regarding the investigation are documented and verified accurate and circulate to the internal client management stakeholders for further processing.
- Complete KYC investigation requests in adherence to relevant Standard Operating Procedure(SOP), which also makes reference to relevant policies including Global KYC Policy.
- Ensure timely escalation and own proposed course of actions to line management to address identified risks and blocking points during each investigation handling. Also, identify, analyze, report and explore proposed course of actions to line management in relation to production, policy and system issues.
- Develop a good understanding of the overall KYC operations process and act as a subject matter expert to support the team
- Embrace continuous changes and challenges; handle various initiatives and ad-hoc project as assigned by line management.
- Work in close and continuous collaboration with other team members and stakeholders to achieve set objectives and resolve any issues during daily tasks.
- Keep accurate track record of all assigned requests; from receipt through execution of requests.
- Follow-up and document all production incidents until closure.
- Major clients including Corporate Coverages, Commodity Finance, Investment Banking, Transaction Banking, Financial Institutional Coverages, Global Markets products [e.g. Equities, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Commodities Index Trading (CIT), CIT Metals, CIT Repo, and Commodities Futures Trading].
- Participate in various projects and initiatives as directed by manager to deliver changes/quality output with respect to operational processes, policies, data quality, regulatory initiatives and strategies, remediation, etc.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
-Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Well-developed interpersonal, problem-solving and influencing skills.
- Exhibit high willingness
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- University graduate, preferably with at least 2 years relevant work experience.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to produce accurate and quality work under tight deadlines and minimal supervision.
- Good understanding of Corporate & Institutional Banking and Global Markets framework under International Financial Groups.
- Good understanding of Due Diligence and local Anti-Money Laundering requirements.
- Working knowledge in relation to Corporate Banking products [e.g. Cash/Deposit, Loan Syndication/Agency, Trade Finance, ECM/DCM, etc] and/or Global Markets products [e.g. Equities, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Commodities Index Trading (CIT), CIT Metals, CIT Repo, and Commodities Futures Trading].
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
**Candidates with strong potential but less than 2 years relevant work experience can be considered.