Head of Compensation, Benefits and Payroll (Canada)
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The HR Controls and Compliance Assistant Vice President supports the Head of Compensation, Benefits and Payroll by leveraging his knowledge and skills in order to ensure management and execution of HR controls, budgets and data management. As a Controls and Compliance Assistant Vice President, you will play a key role in:
· Ensuring that HR procedures are optimized in order to mitigate operational risks;
· Ensuring that HR processes are executed as defined in procedures;
· Ensuring that HR data is properly protected, managed, archived and destroyed.
· Ensure procedures management for all HR processes (recruiting, training, background checks, payroll, etc) and support HR team members in the development and update of these documents.
· Identify operational risks within all HR processes and evaluate them.
· Manage HR controls plan updates and HR business continuity plan updates.
· Develop and update controls relevant to HR processes.
· Develop awareness to operational risks among HR team members, monitor their execution of HR controls and provide them technical support for their control self-assessment.
· Serve as a key liaison with all controls stakeholders (audit, risk, compliance, US controls team).
· Analyse and report operational risk incidents.
· Ensure enhancement of processes and prevention of incidents by proposing and implementing new controls or improvements to existing controls where relevant.
· Participate in controls audit performed by internal risk, audit or compliance and implement recommendations received.
· Participate in third party providers risk assessment and contract management.
· Prepare budget recommendation, manage expenses and prepare accruals.
· Ensure HR data protection, archiving and destruction in accordance with internal policy and applicable laws.
· Control data quality of information within HR systems and databases by performing routine integrity checks and data clean up.
· Ensure coordination and harmonization of transversal activities with the Region.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
As a BNP Paribas employee in Montreal, you will benefit from:
· Working in a brand new Flexible working office space
· Comprehensive and flexible Benefits Programs
· Giving back to the community through the Volunteering committee (Tree planting, Welcome Hall Mission, etc.)
· Participating in various activities through the Sports & Leisure Committee all year round
Improving hard and soft skills thanks to the numerous BNPP Canada Academy trainings
Ideal candidate profile
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in human resources, administration, legal, accounting or any related field.
· 5 years of HR experience within a large organization is preferred.
·Certified Internal Auditors (CIA) or another control/risk certification is an advantage.
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
· Excellent verbal and written communication in French and English.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
Analytical skills : Analysis of diverse reports in order to reconcile data or solve problems.
Information Technology skills : Very good knowledge of Excel is required to produce/analyse reports. Ability to adapt to an environment having many systems and to thoroughly understand the inter-relations between them.
Methodological skills : Ability to develop, implement and improve procedures. Ability to develop validation tools and reports aimed at ensuring quality. Properly document work for future reference.
Rigor : Professionalism, attention to details and self-validation. Application of internal rules / laws. Respect deliverables deadlines.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group's activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.