In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
HFS Fund Accounting teams' responsibilities include the following:
• Overall production of the Net Asset Valuations (“NAVs”) for single manager, fund of hedge fund & private equity clients in adherence to HFS client service level documents. NAVs for clients may be produced daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly according to clients' requirements. The team independently reconcile, review and report on trades, positions, cash and prices, controls general ledger postings and the final NAV review sign off process.
The key areas of responsibility as : HFS Fund Accounting – Associate:
• Assisting on managing and supervising the junior team members, ensuring adequate training provided to all junior team members to operate efficiently. Adhering to internal procedures, ISAE 3402 II requirements and HFS best practice and policy.
• Preparing & reviewing NAV reports– including preparation and review of final trial balances and all underlying portfolio information, accruals and expenses to ensure that information is up to date and complete. Analysing and reviewing movements in the NAV taking into account effects of P&L, side-pockets and hedging on share class/ series NAVs.
• Liaising with the GSO team, prime brokers and investment managers to resolve reconciliation breaks and other NAV related queries on a timely basis.
• Preparing payments for fund fees and expenses in accordance with internal procedures.
• Handling daily/ad-hoc tasks to ensure client / internal deadlines are met. Handling internal administrative tasks (e.g. KPI, KRI, MI reporting, Sage).
• Demonstrating a solid knowledge of the fund administration business and common practice.
• Ensuring completion of the funds' audit accordance with agreed timeframes and timely filing of the AFS & FAR with CIMA (as applicable).
• Preparing and presenting Administrator Reports for presentation at Fund meetings as required.
• Liaising with the external vendors or the funds' services providers on preparation of the funds' regulatory reports, K1, PFIC, etc., to ensure completion of the reporting in accordance with the filing time lines set by the regulatory bodies (e.g. IRS, FCA and SEC).
• Promoting and maintaining high quality client service. Handling work with clients, fund managers and other third parties (e.g. fund auditors) on daily operational issues in an independent and professional manner). Responding to client enquiries and queries from other internal departments.
• Assisting to ensure service level documents are updated and that the various operations teams are able to provide the services to clients in line with the service level documents.
• Assisting to communicate service and process changes to clients and working with them to adapt to the changes
• Actively participating and contributing on product/service development initiatives, valuating processes to improve efficiency and any other internal projects.
• Assisting the team managers on the requests from the quality assurance team, operational risk team, internal audit team requests, ISAE audit team etc.
Risk and Compliance:
• Ensure the operating model in compliance with regulations, market infrastructure evolution and BNP Paribas internal control rules and meet compliance and regulatory obligations
• Adhere to the Code of Conduct and act accordingly internally, when facing clients and providers
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Experienced professional in hedge fund accounting space
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good work ethic and an ability to work as part of a team
• Good client services skills
• Good time management
• Ability to work in a challenging environment
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• A relevant Bachelor degree
• Three+ years' Fund accounting experience