About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
Client Development, a part of BNP Paribas Global Markets division, is a team of 20 located in Hong Kong, New York, London and Lisbon with the mandate to instill rigor and transparency in the sales & trading process through client forums, client prioritization, client planning and opportunity detection, resulting in positive market share gains. We liaise heavily with GM Sponsors, Sales, Trading and Markets360 Research and are also promotors of CRM always looking to ensure we allocate resources and information to the right clients both internally and externally.
Global Markets Sales & Trading Content Editor
16 th September, 2020
Mumbai (Nirlon House, Goregaon)
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The Content Editor works closely with the Sales & Trading team across the various business lines (FXLM, G10 Rates, Equity Derivatives, Commodities Derivatives, Primary & Credit Markets, and Prime Solutions & Financing) to support them in the generation, dissemination and consumption of content intended to clients and internal Front Office staff globally.
In the role, the Content Editor is in charge of reviewing / sanitizing the content authored by the Sales and Traders to make them compliant and consistent for a wide dissemination to clients.
As a last line of control/firewall, the Content Editor needs to pay particular attention to the language/syntax, adherence to compliance/legal requirements and factual accuracy of the comments (clarity, consistency and structure).
The editorial function is a vital part of our commitment to our clients to ensure that we deliver value-adding insights with accurate, engaging and clear content.
A knowledge of financial markets is key as well as a perfect grasp of the English language, and writing skills. The Content Editor has to engage with the Sales & Trading team to improve the quality of the written comment to make them sharper / distributed in a timely manner.
· Editing commentaries authored by the Sales & Trading team by reviewing the grammar, spelling, and style.
· Ensuring contributions are accurate and logic, liaising with authors to ensure clarity if/when required.
· Sanitizing / Applying Compliance & Legal guidelines to ensure suitability for an external distribution.
· Ensuring contributions are published on time and to maximum market effect.
· Exercising judgement in terms of highlighting key parts / arguments.
· Managing consistency and style within and between the contributions.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· 3+ years of experience working in financial media or financial institution
· Native level in English
· Excellent writing and editing skills to turn input into good narrative / catchy comments
· Good understanding of Conduct/Compliance guidelines applying to financial research distribution
· Good relationship / communication skills to interact with Front Office team / authors
· Proficient in MS Office package
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills : (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills - oral & written
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Ideal candidate profile