About BNP Paribas Real Estate
BNP Paribas Real Estate, one of the leading European real estate providers, offers its clients a comprehensive range of services that span the entire real estate lifecycle: property development, transaction, consulting, valuation, property management and investment management.
Our clients are at the heart of everything that we do and our full service offering means that we can build long term relationships with our clients, producing business strategies that are built around what our clients need in a changing world.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is more than a property adviser. We are part of BNP Paribas Bank, which means that we can offer our clients finance, global connections at the very top level, financial and sector intelligence and the certainty and security of working with part of the world's fourth largest bank.
About BNP Paribas Real Estate's Rating Department
BNP Paribas Real Estate's national rating department is ranked 4 th largest in the UK by CoStar (based on RV appealed under the 2010 Rating List). Our geographical spread and resources cover the whole of the UK and ROI providing a truly national rating service.
Our rating client base is large and diverse and we act for occupiers, investors and developers across all sectors.
A diverse role providing support to a team of experienced rating surveyors in our Glasgow office. The role immediately involves office based and ‘on-site' responsibilities such as research, analysis, data management, report and case preparation, general administrative duties, site visits and inspections. The successful candidate would also be expected to develop relationships with clients and other stakeholders (including face to face meetings) and be an active team member.
As experience and knowledge is acquired the role will expand to include casework, appeal negotiations and client management.
Off-the-job training will be provided by Glasgow Caledonian or Napier University. You will achieve a Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) accredited BSc (Hons) Real Estate. Attendance at University will, most likely, be on a day release basis.
Upon completion of the BSc (Hons) Real Estate and the structured workplace learning you will undertake the RICS Assessment of Professional Competence leading to registration with the RICS as a Chartered Surveyor.
Key deliverables (upon appointment):
· General administration including filing and data management
· Data/market research and analysis
· Analysis and manipulation of data from rating database(s), outside sources and comparable databases
· Property inspections including completion of post inspection reports including calculation of floor areas
· Liaise with and report to surveyors
· Drafting/creation of reports to clients, surveyors, the Scottish Assessor Association (SAA), Valuation Office Agency (VOA) and the Valuation Appeal Committee (VAC)
· Assist with preparation of cases for SAA/VOA/VAC
· Development and maintenance of internal and external client relationships (may include face to face client meetings)
As experienced is gained the role with grow to include the following responsibilities:
· Identification of rate savings opportunities for clients including submission of appeals to the Assessor/VOA
· Negotiation with the Assessor/VOA
· Developing internal and external networks for business opportunities i.e. new work
· Managing local client accounts and relationships
Clients and Business Development
· Proactive in building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Responsive and helpful to team and other stakeholders
· Active team member
· Responds positively to requests from colleagues
· Proactively communicates to colleagues and others
· Works closely with colleagues (and clients where applicable)
· Shares information with colleagues and others through team meetings, databases, etc.
Systems and Process
· Works within clearly defined, well established processes under regular supervision
· Solves problems by following well defined processes and precedents
· Consults more experienced colleagues on more difficult or unfamiliar situations.
· Educated to Higher level standard or equivalent
· Achieved grades of C or above in Nat 5 Maths and English
· Good IT skills including intermediate to advanced use of Microsoft Excel and Word
· Able to prioritise workload, complete and meet tight deadlines
· Ensures accuracy, finds errors and produces a high quality of work
· Self-motivated (able to work autonomously) and takes responsibility to ensure own work is correct
· Good interpersonal skills and an approachable demeanour
· Follows procedures and is logical and systematic with an organised approach
· Pursues excellence – conscientious and thorough with strong attention to detail
· Likes working in a team environment.
We provide our clients a service characterised by efficient processes, accurate and timely reporting, a professional approach and a flow of initiatives to contribute to cost reduction targets and on-going management of rate liabilities. We believe that this role will provide an excellent opportunity for anyone seeking a career in the property industry.
· Drivers licence is desirable
· Some travel will be required
· Site visits and full property inspections form an integral part of this role
· Computer based work such as research, analysis, report preparation, data management and general administration also forms a large part of this role
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index.