BNP Paribas Securities Services is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 35 markets around the world and a global reach covering 90+ markets. This extensive network enables us to provide our institutional investor clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
As of 30 September 2019, BNP Paribas Securities Services had USD 11.491 trillion in assets under custody, USD 2.759 trillion in assets under administration and 10,491 funds administered.
We are looking to hire an Assistant Manager to join the Fund Owners team within the Fund Accounting Department.
The Fund Accounting Department is comprised of a number of different functions responsible for Daily Net Asset Value (NAV) Production, taxation, effective yield accounting and for Statutory and Financial Statements reporting services for a range of fund types including UK Open ended Investment Companies, a Property authorised investment fund, Unit Trusts, UK administered Luxembourg SICAVs and life & pension funds.
The Fund Owners teams within the UK Fund Accounting department act as the guardians of all UK open ended funds responsible for the NAV control framework to ensure timeliness and accuracy of external NAV service delivery to all UK clients. A further key output from the fund owner teams is validated fund trial balance data to ensure smooth transition to the financial reporting production process and provision of data to external auditors & trustees.
Purpose & Scope of the position:
· To manage the day to day production activity of a team within the Fund Owners department ensuring client commitments are met.
· Support the team manager in managing all aspects of team performance including line management of staff as agreed with the line manager.
· To drive continuous improvement and innovation within fund owners processes with a specific focus on digital solutions.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
· Responsible for ensuring all client KPI's and service delivery commitments are being met.
· To plan, co-ordinate and manage the day to day client service delivery in accordance with agreed service level agreements, stated key performance indicators and regulatory requirements
· To take ownership for review and sign-off of team deliverables including:
· Daily Net Asset Value (NAV) calculations
· Year end and interim financial statements
· Distribution calculations
· Monthly trustee / control packs
· Management service charge calculations
· Yield calculations
· Total expense ratios
· ONS Returns
· Manage any ad-hoc projects as agreed with your Manager
· Assist manager in ensuring client and internal change is implemented with no detrimental impact to client service delivery
· Ensure all processes are adequately documented within procedures and maintained
· Act as delegate to Manager during period of absence
· Day to day production contact with Clients, Auditors, Trustees, Custodians and other departments within BNP Paribas Securities Services
· Support Manager in embedding a culture of fund ownership providing for end to end knowledge and understanding
Risk and Control
· Work with Manager to continually assess team processes to improve efficiency, control and to reduce risk
· Completion of timely and accurate error reporting and implementation of preventative actions
· Ensure all significant activities are documented within procedures, kept up-to-date and recorded on the procedure database
· Ownership of team skills matrix and training requirements
· Assist manager in team recruitment
· Embed procedural knowledge within the team
· Ensure all checklists clearly document controls, kept up-to-date and standardised across the department where possible
· Ensure such controls are adhered to by the team
· Timely escalation of issues to Manager
· Corrective and preventative action if deadlines / quality standards are at risk
· Provision of timely service delivery management information
· Demonstrate efficiency improvement and report monthly on these to Manager
Skills and Experience required
Competencies required for the role:
· People management skills and experience
· Excellent planning and organisation skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Mentoring and coaching skills
· Delegation skills
· Solid numerical skills and accounting knowledge
· Good problem solving skills
· Time management skills
· Computer literacy including spreadsheet skills
· Being responsible, reliable and accountable
· Mix of Fund Accounting and NAV experience
· pControl experience or previous exposure
Qualifications/experience required for the role:
· Financial services background
· IOC or equivalent professional qualification– If not already completed would be expected to study towards.
· Professional accounting qualification
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas Securities Services, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 9%, private healthcare and GP service all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance and so in addition to the core benefits you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits including dental cover, childcare vouchers, cycle to work schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.