The Fund Administration Team is a customer-focused team servicing Asset Owners and Asset Managers.
· Asset Owners consist of Life Insurance Funds, Sovereign Wealth Funds and Superannuation Funds.
· Asset Managers manage Trusts and Managed Funds
The teams are responsible for the generation of accurate client service including:
· Unit Pricing
· Fund Accounting
· Tax administrative services
They have extensive interaction and dealings with various managers and teams within the Operations Division including Fund Administration colleagues, Investment Administration teams, Custody Operations and other internal
BNP Paribas Securities Services teams namely the Risk Control & Finance function and Client Service Management.
All services delivered by this team are required to consider current legislative and regulatory requirements and they must comply with operational risk guidelines. Also the investigation, management and resolution of any client queries and issues which are directed to the team. Finally the team supports the ongoing fulfilment of service delivery to clients through representation alongside the Relationship Management function.
The Fund Accountant plays an important role in supporting the service delivery of the Fund Administration team. As part of the team the Fund Accountant will be assigned to specific Clients, who are either Asset Managers or Asset Owners. The Fund Accountant will be responsible for the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end deliverables for those clients. The Fund Accountant prepares and produces accurate and quality reporting in line with SLA targets. Responsibilities will include all of the following:
· Regulatory reporting
· Statutory reporting
· Unit pricing reports
· Accounting reports
· Tax reports; and
· Resolution of client and or interdepartmental issues and ad hoc queries
All reports generated should be of a standard consistent with policies and meet legislative requirements. The Fund Accountant calculates / produces
BAS/GST, distributions, taxable income computations and tax returns on behalf of clients. As such they must have sound numeracy and analytical ability and they are capable and pro-active in problem solving and resolution. They gain satisfaction through completing quality work and finalising tasks to required timelines.
Fund Accountants may have direct client contact as they are responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of Client reports in accordance with
SLA’s. This can include unit pricing, month end report packs, distribution calculations, taxable income calculation and BAS/ GST once reports have been verified as correct.
Their role also comprises substantial inter-departmental contact and as such they require excellent interpersonal ability. They have a service ethic and a quality focus applied in the way they operate and the work they produce. As required, they investigate and assist with adhoc queries. They consider and meet operational risk and compliance requirements in their work preparation and they maintain relevant compliance records.
They contribute to building and sustaining client relationships by supporting the efforts of the Account Managers, Client Services Managers and the broader team. They are motivated to achieve individual and team goals and to growing their technical ability and knowledge. They do this through participation in on-the-job training and education, remaining aware of policy and regulatory change. They share their knowledge freely. They also ensure their technical development is current through ongoing study or participation in industry groups.
· 2-4 year+ experience in fund accounting unit pricing and knowledge of tax services. .
· Technical accounting ability. Knowledge of fund accounting, reporting and related operational risk and compliance requirements of the client service function.
· Systems experience: Hi-Portfolio, PControl unit pricing system and MS Word & Excel
· Accountability - Committed to achieving the organisation’s objectives. Demonstrates perseverance and is accountable for own actions.
· Attention to detail - Ensures accuracy and implements processes to ensure quality of output. Ensures high personal standards in all areas of work.
· Client Focus - Complete commitment to provide professional, intelligent and timely responses to our clients’ needs and to changes in the market
· Change management - Displays flexibility to change and is open to new ideas. Encourages others to be open to innovation. Values feedback and gives people scope and confidence to generate ideas.
· Communication - Oral: Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Adjusting communication style to match the needs of the audience. Written: Expressing ideas clearly in all written documents. Using professional, appropriate language at all times, and adhering to the use of the BNPP Email Protocols.
· Commitment - Committed to our customers, shareholders and employees. Demonstrates enthusiasm towards the organization and motivation to add value and be part of the organization.
· Innovation - Proactively looks for opportunities for continuous improvement and thinks creatively
· Responsiveness - Adapts when facing new or unforeseen situations. Delivers on time the required service.
· Risk awareness - Adheres to the organisation’s processes and procedures. Demonstrates a good understanding of compliance issues and implements work practices that minimise operational and reputational risk
· Team Orientation - Works with the team and the broader organisation towards shared goals and treats all colleagues and clients as partners
Experience and Qualifications required
Between 2-4 years’ experience, in fund accounting, unit pricing with an understanding of the full service model of master custody. You have awareness of financial market securities and fund products for which you provide accounting services. You have the ability to provide pragmatic and commercial solutions in problem solving.
The successful candidate has an inquisitive and questioning mindset and good time management skills, with the ability to meet critical deadlines in the area. You demonstrate sound numeracy and analytical ability.
You have experience in:
· Unit pricing
· Regulatory & statutory reporting
· Tax reporting
· Valuation and Accounting
· Distributions or Taxable Income Calculations
· Tax Returns
You have had experience in the completion of MIS and client reporting on a timely basis and in line with legislative requirements and organisational operational risk and compliance policies. You demonstrate a quality focus ensuring reports and the handling of queries or issues meet the requirements of departmental or client Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
Operating from a customer-focused work ethic, you have the ability to think with an improvement focus, always looking to enhance the service you and the team provide. You demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal and you have good interpersonal skills. You have experience in liaising and working effectively with colleagues across various teams.
You have the ability to question or escalate issues for resolution. You actively seek to resolve queries or reconciliation items for the clients you support, ensuring appropriate treatment. You ensure work completed meets compliance standards in terms of signoff. You enjoy participating fully in a team, assisting with the technical growth and development of team members where possible.