Description de l'offre
Description of the Department
BNP Paribas is investing significantly in the digital space especially in Global Markets. The department has a number of specialised teams dedicated to the digital initiatives across a broad spectrum of areas. These include the application of AI and Machine Learning for the development of autonomous systems for providing recommendation engines to systems for interpreting speech for data acquisition and compliance purposes.
The team works very closely with the Quant Research group supporting their technical requirements and aiding in the development and evaluation of AI models and supporting infra-structure. This includes working to define and implement governance processes for the development of systems and components.
The selected candidate will join a small group of technologists working with Quant research and the business to define solutions to support the various digital initiatives. They will as part of their role be responsible for:
- Developing framework components and services to support the AI/ML models and solutions
- Identifying and developing system API’s required to gather data for ML implementations.
- Undertaking investigative efforts to help teams solve problems in regards the technologies, navigating security issues and policies.
- Helping to POC and integrate third party AI/ML products
- Providing assistance to the Quant research teams to develop and deploy their solutions
- Helping to define and improve the governance in regards the new technologies
- Working with the APS support teams to help diagnose issues and define infra-structure requirements
- Writing documentation on the developed frameworks
As a team member you will need to have a track record in development and system design, particularly in the areas of restful interfaces, web technology and distributed processing. You will be expected to have a good knowledge on the principles of AI and ML in order to support the Quant research teams in their development, and develop ML solutions. The key languages in use are Python, Java and .Net, so expertise in Python and at least one other of these is mandatory.
The team and team objectives are very high profile, so the candidate should be keen, motivated and enthusiastic with a strong drive to get things done. They need to be able to solve problems independently, and be comfortable reaching out to other teams and other parts of the bank in order to get information.
Ø Strong development experience with Python and C#
Ø Front Office development experience gained within an investment bank
Ø Demonstrable knowledge of Machine Learning and AI principles
Ø Commercial knowledge of Fixed Income products, including FX options and FX Linear products
Ø Basic understanding of Natural Language Processing techniques
Ø Restful services and Web technology
Experience with Cloud Technology, including GCP
Ø Good analytical skills.
Ø Ability to absorb knowledge and pick up new technologies.
Ø Excellent communication skills.
Ø Ability to prioritise work effectively in a dynamic, ever changing, environment.
Ø Self motivated and able to work under their own initiative.
Ø Confident enough to work directly with traders and other end users to gather requirements and understand issues
· Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
· Demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
· Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure.
Opening Date: 4/9/18
Closing Date: 2/10/18
Please note that all applicants must disclose whether that they possess the right to work in the U.K. as per the Immigration, Asylum, and Nationality Act of 2006.