In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The Global Market Quantitative team is responsible for designing and developing the models used for pricing, risk management and relative value. GM Quants contribute to the development and support of the pricing and risk management platform. With around 150 people globally, the quantitative research team is present in Europe, Asia (Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo) and the Americas.
‐ Development and implementation of models used for pricing and risk management, with focus on Linear Rates Products:
• Implement pricing and risk management models that correctly capture the specificities of Asian markets (onshore/ offshore, discounting, curve marking)
• Participate in the development of the global flow pricing and risk management platform and library
• Participate in the global quantitative research in FIRST – IR Flow
• Design innovative analytic approaches
• Develop new derivatives related research tools
‐ Support trading desks
‐ Liaise with relevant internal risk functions when necessary: Legal, Compliance, Market and Credit Risk Management
‐ Attend relevant training courses to maintain appropriate regulatory, product and technical skill
‐ Maintain open communication with team and direct line management to fulfil firm notification requirements and pass on client concerns
‐ Directly contribute to BNPP operational permanent control framework
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
• Strong technical skills in applied mathematics
• Strong programming skills (C++ / C#, Excel, Python, etc.)
• Some knowledge of quantitative finance (rate models, curve construction, risks, volatility)
• Drive for Results ‐ Delivers high quality work and ensures decisions are implemented timely and efficiently
• Risk Awareness ‐ Demonstrates a good awareness of risk and fundamental risk concepts
• Corporate role model, integrity & ethics ‐ Acts with discipline and high ethical standards placing the interests of the Bank ahead of personal agenda
• Team Player ‐ Works effectively in a team, Collaborating and sharing information and solutions with colleagues, with other teams and stakeholders
• Client Focus ‐ Sees stakeholders as well as external clients as customers
• Market, Products & Business ‐ Is genuinely interested in financial markets and continually learning and staying abreast of new developments. Is able to evidence a good appreciation of economics and market dynamics, with enough understanding to present views on market conditions and trends
• Business Risks ‐ Understands the market, credit, operational, compliance, legal and reputational risks of his/her activity. Evidenced as a good sense of risk/return analysis for business areas covered
Specific Qualifications Required
• Masters or PhD in Engineering, Applied mathematics or Mathematical finance would be an advantage
• Graduate to 5y of experience
• Balanced profile between market knowledge / programming skills / math