Financial Planning & Analysis Reporting Analyst
LOCATION - BASINGSTOKE
BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions helps companies to expand their business capabilities by offering tailored leasing and finance solutions. Our expert teams partner with equipment vendors that are looking to grow their sales, and businesses that require outsourcing services for assets within a number of key markets. We're a European leader in leasing, backed by the stability of the BNP Paribas group.
WHAT AM I ACCOUNTABLE FOR?
This role sits within the Reporting team; part of the Financial Planning & Analysis (FPA&A) department based in our Basingstoke head office.
Responsible for providing regular and ad-hoc Management Information, analysis and reporting, reviewing and interpreting business performance, preparing and submitting forecasts and budgets and determining and booking funding whilst providing pricing support, on occasion.
MY KEY ACTIVITIES
· Accurate & timely production of Management reporting, including inputs into board packs, Management Information (MI) packs, and related analysis, ensuring reporting remains relevant, and variances and exceptional items are understood
· Shared responsibility for routine asset liability management (ALM) procedures in compliance with local and Group Treasury policies, including calculation & provision of cost of funds (COF) rates, monthly population of maturity ladders, assessment of funding requirements, production of other regular analyses, reconciliations and reports, and provision of cover
· Delivering defined elements of the budget and forecast projections, in line with internal deadlines and in accordance with group norms and standards, with particular focus on Income Rationalisations, joint ventures (JV) supplementary calculations, and cover for ALM-related inputs
· Developing a good understanding of ALM concepts, overheads costs & dynamics, and specifics of entities reported, by establishing/maintaining relationships with key local and Corporate contacts, including conducting regular reviews with budget holders, in order to produce reliable overheads reporting packs & schedules
· Establishing and maintaining proactive dialogues with FP&A Manager (Corporate Partner) and other key stakeholders, to understand applicable requirements, promote knowledge sharing, manage expectations, and escalate any exceptional delays or issues
· Implementing and maintaining controls across all files and processes, in order to promote consistency, reliability and accuracy of data, and retention of information, including documentation creation/revision.
MY EXTERNAL CUSTOMERS
Joint Venture Partners
Auditors (supporting the Tax & Statutory accounts team with audit queries)
MY INTERNAL CUSTOMERS
All members of the Finance and Financial Planning & Analysis teams
Corporate Controlling & ALM
Equipment & Logistics Solutions (ELS) business unit
Technology Solutions (TS) business unit
Shared Service functions
Part-qualified, studying towards a professional qualification (ACCA, CIMA) with a strong educational background
Excellent Excel skills are essential, along with good interpersonal/communication skills, an interest in self-development and a natural ability to learn
A team player, who is pro-active with an analytical approach and an ability to adapt effectively to changing circumstances and priorities, and work to deadlines
Hyperion experience is also desirable.
Working in a busy, open plan office.
Normal working hours are 8.45 to 17.15 Monday – Friday; however you may be expected to stay later during key times to ensure deadlines and deliverables are achieved.
Dress code is business formal Monday-Thursday, business casual on a Friday.
MY ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensuring all departmental procedures and policies are well documented and updated as necessary
· Continuously reviewing departmental processes, making improvements where possible
· Any other ad-hoc duties as required by my Line Manager
· Responsible for adhering to policies, procedures, guidelines and the internal control framework established to guide the operation of their function in addition to regulatory compliance requirements.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT
On joining the company I will attend a Company Induction which will introduce me to the different areas of the business and what they do.
Have regular performance reviews with my line manager; this will include a mid-term and end of probationary review and regular one to one catch ups.
I will be expected to complete annual online Compliance training modules via My Development, our online training platform and will continue to receive on the job training throughout my career.
About Bnp Paribas
Acteur majeur de BNP Paribas la Banque de Détail en France (BDDF) place la satisfaction client et la capacité d'innovation au cœur de son modèle commercial. Son dispositif commercial se compose d'Agences dédiées aux particuliers et entrepreneurs de Centres de Banque Privée de Centres d'Affaires Entreprises d'une Banque en Ligne et de Centres spécialisés en charge du Traitement des Opérations. Le réseau d'agences accompagne ses clients particuliers et professionnels dans leurs projets que ce soit en termes de banque au quotidien ou de projets plus complexes avec pour objectif de chaque instant leur pleine satisfaction. Nous rejoindre c'est partager notre volonté de servir nos clients Vous suivrez une formation bac+5 et souhaitez travailler en conseil financier auprès d'une clientèle avertie ? Dans le cadre d'une convention de stage de fin d'études nous vous préparons à devenir Conseiller Patrimonial Le Conseiller Patrimonial est responsable de la gestion et du développement d'un portefeuille de clients particuliers et/ou professionnels. Il est l'interlocuteur privilégié en charge de leurs intérêts financiers juridiques et fiscaux.