DEPARTMENT - FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANLYSIS
LOCATION - BASINGSTOKE
CONTRACT TYPE - PERMANENT
BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions helps companies to expand their business capabilities by offering tailored leasing and finance solutions. Our expert teams partner with equipment vendors that are looking to grow their sales, and businesses that require outsourcing services for assets within a number of key markets. We're a European leader in leasing, backed by the stability of the BNP Paribas group.
WHAT AM I ACCOUNTABLE FOR?
Responsible for offering key support for the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team, through the provision of routine and ad hoc analyses.
Particular focus on ALM-Treasury, Reporting and Planning functionality, including liquidity reporting, funding reconciliations and evaluations, pricing quotations, monthly close preparation, management reporting, financial modelling and forecast/budget submission.
MY KEY ACTIVITIES
· Assisting ALM-T function, through completion of monthly reconciliations, monthly/quarterly liquidity reporting, maintenance of pricing grids and provision of ad hoc pricing quotations to the business
· Production of ALM-T and other inputs for inclusion in quarterly forecast/budget projections, along with submission of financial plans to Corporate
· Month end review and preparation of overheads adjustments, assisting with production of overheads pack and other ad hoc reporting
· Managing own priorities to deliver outputs within defined timelines, via application of the relevant checklists, identifying and escalating any issues to management in a timely manner
· Consistent delivery of accurate and reliable work, in accordance with group norms and standards, maintaining a proper audit trail at all times
· Collaborating closely with the rest of FP&A and Finance teams, maintaining a proactive dialogue, to ensure analyses remain appropriate and aligned to the relevant timelines
· Identification of opportunities to implement process improvements, through increasing accuracy or efficiency, and suggestion to management.
MY EXTERNAL CUSTOMERS
Joint Venture Partners
Auditors (supporting the Tax & Statutory accounts team with audit queries)
MY INTERNAL CUSTOMERS
All members of the Finance and FP&A teams, Corporate Controlling, Equipment & Logistics Solutions (ELS), Technology Solutions (TS), Rental Solutions, Risk, Shared Service functions
Degree level or equivalent strong educational background with the intention to study towards a relevant accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
Strong interpersonal, presentation and team working abilities are essential, along with natural curiosity and aptitude to investigate, flexible approach and demonstrable communication & organization skills.
A fast learner, with the ability to consider detail in the context of the wider picture, and to manage customer/stakeholder expectations well.
Experience of prioritization & managing personal workload to deadlines, team-working, good attention to detail, self-review and advanced Excel skills.
Working in a busy, open plan office.
Normal working hours are 8.45 to 17.15 Monday – Friday; however you may be expected to stay later during key times to ensure deadlines and deliverables are achieved.
Dress code is business formal Monday-Thursday, business casual on a Friday.
MY ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensuring departmental procedures and policies are well documented and updated as necessary
· Any other ad-hoc duties as required by my Line Manager
· Responsible for adhering to policies, procedures, guidelines and the internal control framework established to guide the operation of their function in addition to regulatory compliance requirements.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT
On joining the company I will attend a Company Induction which will introduce me to the different areas of the business and what they do.
Have regular performance reviews with my line manager; this will include a mid-term and end of probationary review and regular one to one catch ups.
I will be expected to complete annual online Compliance training modules via My Development, our online training platform and will continue to receive on the job training throughout my career.
Study support for CIMA/ACCA is provided.