BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 71 countries, with 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe and 6 000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its businesses, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients -- individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large corporates, institutional investors and community organisations -- with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
Since 2015, BNP Paribas Wealth Management has a competence center in Lisbon (PIMH = Portugal International Markets Hub) to manage activities for several locations (Switzerland, Luxemburg, Germany, Monaco …).
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manage on day-to-day basis a team of 5 employees
· Oversee the Middle Office activities:
· Control and facilitate Structured Products (SP) trades (match investment bank & RM/IM executions; control documents; make sure order entry by RM/IM is done properly and on time)
· Collect and control daily valuations of structured products using issuers’ data and market data feed (Bloomberg, Reuters, Telekurs, etc.)
· Handle relationships with OTC / SP counterparts and BNPP departments across various sites (Investment banks valuation teams, BNPP WM Back Office, P&S teams etc.)
· Input data into Bond Trade Blotter in order to support Bond New Issues
· Management of MiFID-related data: ensure the Costs and Charges, Target Markets, instruments sales restrictions are accurately reported in the bank Masterfile database by gathering the data, designing and implementing relevant controls
· Management of various regulatory reportings aimed at EMIR, CSSF and AMF regulators and covering all the sites falling under the MiFID scope: ensure the reportings are uploaded on the repositories within the regulatory deadline, follow up of alerts, liaise with relevant teams in order to fix the source systems, liaise with IT teams in order to analyse and propose tools improvements, be the point of contact for the sites and the auditors for all regulatory queries
· Participate in projects related to the development of the Business line: migration of the Structured Products to a new Trade Life Cycle Management platform, development of equity OTC Derivatives, development of security lending, etc
· Participate in projects related to the implementation of new regulations (EMIR, CSSF and AMF Transaction Reporting, Investors Protection Program, etc.) in production
· Issue and control various reports supporting the business
· Support the operational managers and various teams in their projects
· Maintain and improve KPIs levels according to the set targets
Undergraduate degree in Economy and / or Finance
3 to 10 years of professional experience in the banking industry, with multi-year management experience
Regulatory knowledge related to investment products, notably complex products (MiFID, PRIIPS, etc.)
Understanding of projects life cycle and ability to implement new processes and activities
Pro-active and solution finder
Flexible / positive mindset and attitude
Ability to organize and lead a team, in coordination with both local hierarchical management and functional management based in Geneva, Switzerland
Ability to communicate around & escalate problems – capacity to propose efficient solutions in coordination with involved stakeholders
Analytical, ability to summarize and report, quick learner, adaptable
Knowledge of financial instruments, including complex products (structured products, FX)
Fluent in English; French and / or Portuguese fluency is a plus
Good interpersonal skills and communication
Rigorous, confident and autonomous
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.