Euro Real Money FX Salesperson
Global Markets is BNP Paribas' capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutionals, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks.
Global Markets encompasses seven global business lines; G10 Rates, Equity Derivatives, Forex & Local Markets, Commodity Derivatives, Credit, Prime Solutions & Financing and Primary Markets, helping their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk.
Overall Job Purpose
As a FX Salesperson, the candidate will have to promote FX products to Real Money accounts in the US but dealing into Europe.
Proven Specific Responsibilities
- Promote the Group's brand, products and services to existing clients and prospects.
- Execute the broader sales strategy with this client group cross selling other relevant business lines.
- Develop strong relationships with target clients to ensure they understand clients' needs
- Carry out clients' instructions to execute transactions with the trading desk
- Book the client's side deal details in the trade capture systems
- Comply with front confirmations and reporting clients bespoke requirements
- Coordinate with operational support functions to facilitate the settlement of trades
- Provide clients with market data, prices and other factual information
- As appropriate liaise with relevant internal risk functions : legal, Compliance, Market and credit risk management
- Attend relevant trading courses to maintain appropriate regulatory, products and technical skills
- Maintain open communication with team and direct line management to fulfil firm notification requirements and share client's comments.
- Direct contribution to BNP Paribas operational permanent control framework
Proven Skills & Experience Required
- Strong interpersonal skills and a structured, methodical approach
- Provide proven sales coverage, maintain and develop the FX relationship with several pinpointed accounts, such as Vanguard, Capital, etc
- Proven client relationships with US based, Real Money clients on FX products.
- Expert working knowledge of FX products (spot, forwards, options, money markets).
- Technical proficiency coupled with professional credibility is essential
- Strong communication skills, verbal, written and listening in English
- Results oriented with a proven track record of meeting targets
- Pre-existing relationships with key accounts strongly preferred
- Ability to undertake a number of issues simultaneously is essential as well as the ability to work under considerable pressure
- Excellent business relationship management and development skills
- Organisationally sensitive and a team player
- Passion, tenacity and resilience in an ever changing environment
Drive for results - Delivers high quality work
Risk awareness - Demonstrates a good awareness of risk and fundamental risk concepts. Always considers risk in his/her daily activities and abides by the Key Front Officer Responsibilities, where relevant
Corporate role model, integrity & ethics - Acts with discipline and high ethical standards
Team player & cross cultural awareness - Works effectively in a team. Collaborates and shares information and solutions with colleagues, with other teams and stakeholders
Client focus - Sees stakeholders as well as external clients as “customers”
Market, product & business - Is genuinely interested in financial markets and continually learning and staying abreast of new developments. Evidences a good appreciation of economics and market dynamics, with enough understanding to present views on market conditions and trends
Business risk - Understands the market, credit, operational, compliance, legal, regulatory and reputational risks of transactions he/she managers
Essential personal skills
Diligence - Displays dedication and prioritises problems by considering the impact on the business; identifies quick-wins
Resilience - Stays calm and positive, controls his/her emotions in conflict or any situation of intense stress (due to market, time or client pressure).
Communication (Active listener and clear communicator) - Communicates clearly in both native and English languages. Communicates pro-actively with management, escalating issues as necessary.
Innovation - Thinks laterally to identify other sources of useful information and sees ways around obstacles and barriers.
Closing Date: 3rd September 2018
About Bnp Paribas
Acteur majeur de BNP Paribas la Banque de Détail en France (BDDF) place la satisfaction client et la capacité d'innovation au cœur de son modèle commercial. Son dispositif commercial se compose d'Agences dédiées aux particuliers et entrepreneurs de Centres de Banque Privée de Centres d'Affaires Entreprises d'une Banque en Ligne et de Centres spécialisés en charge du Traitement des Opérations. Le réseau d'agences accompagne ses clients particuliers et professionnels dans leurs projets que ce soit en termes de banque au quotidien ou de projets plus complexes avec pour objectif de chaque instant leur pleine satisfaction. Nous rejoindre c'est partager notre volonté de servir nos clients Vous suivrez une formation bac+5 et souhaitez travailler en conseil financier auprès d'une clientèle avertie ? Dans le cadre d'une convention de stage de fin d'études nous vous préparons à devenir Conseiller Patrimonial Le Conseiller Patrimonial est responsable de la gestion et du développement d'un portefeuille de clients particuliers et/ou professionnels. Il est l'interlocuteur privilégié en charge de leurs intérêts financiers juridiques et fiscaux.