Job Description - APAC
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships”.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
For 150 years, BNP Paribas Wealth Management has been committed to protecting clients' wealth, developing it, and eventually passing it on to their loved ones. We deliver tailor-made experience, with outstanding attention to detail and expertise from precise local knowledge to the global know-how that we access from the Group. Our goal is to create a new wealth management experience fit for a world where digital interactions have come to enhance human ones. Wealth Management Investment Solution Hub (WMIS Hub) provides a global IT solution for BNP Paribas Wealth Management where we develop, maintain and evolve IT applications which fits to the specific needs of BNP Paribas Wealth Management business users.
Kubernetes Platform Engineer
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
As a Kubernetes Platform Engineer, you will have hands on role that consists of administering & containerizing apps and spreading the usage of containers in the company through automation and coaching.
Ideal candidate will be self-motivated and an innovative thinker with a strong focus on quality and a continuous focus on improving existing processes.
· Setup and maintain Kubernetes cluster
· Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovation that improve system availability, resilience and performance.
· Produce clear documentation for delivered solutions.
· Troubleshooting problems, involving the appropriate resources and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact to our customers.
· Designing and developing automation workflows that integrates fully with Docker environments
· Support redesigning legacy applications for container implementation
· Influencing other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting containerization best practices
· Automating the provisioning of environments: Cooking up some recipes with Ansible, and deploying environments using containers.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Knowledge and practical experience with Docker and Kubernetes - including setting up and managing Docker registries as well as creating Dockerfiles to create custom images.
· Must have a hands-on experience on setting up Kubernetes platform, deploying micro services and other applications, and managing secure secrets.
· Container networking
· Container storage management
· Container image life cycle management (build, test, patch, deploy)
· At least 2 years of hands on experience on Application Server configuration and management (Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere…)
· At least 1+ years of hands-on experience with Ansible
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· Expert with Docker CE & Kubernetes
· Good background in Linux / Unix Administration
· CKA (Certified Kubernetes Administrator)
· A working understanding of Python or Perl or Shell
· Experience in network topology & container networking
· Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible
· 5 years of overall experience in professional software engineering
· At least 2 years of hands on experience as Kubernetes administrator
· Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude
Good to have
· Mongo DB, ElasticSearch, Redis
· Experience on IBM Cloud, AWS or Azure
· Contributing to open source projects
· CKD (Certified Kubernetes Developer)
· Understanding of Configuration and usage of Build tools like Maven, NPM, gulp
Behavioural Skills : (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Attention to detail / rigor
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to manage a project
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Ideal candidate profile