BNP Paribas Securities Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group, is a leading global custodian and securities services provider backed by the strength of a universal bank. It provides integrated solutions to all participants in the investment cycle including the buy-side, sell-side, corporates and issuers.
The Cross Services team member will undertake all activities that sit outside of the operational processes within the Custody, Clearing and Settlement business line to ensure segregation of duties is maintained.
The Cross Services Team member will provide internal and market processing knowledge to clients and internal teams and ensures that client requests and issues are responded to in a timely and appropriate manner.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
• Ensure all account opening requests for new or existing clients within the custody system and at CSD level are done within the required timeframe.
• Ensure the closure of securities and cash accounts are actioned upon requests from clients.
• Ensure the BP2S custody system is maintained with up to date static data requests received from the operational teams
• Ensure all departmental procedures are in updated and followed.
• Ensure requests for the issuance and/or paying in of cheques for the operational teams is undertaken.
• Ensure the monthly vault reconciliation for the physical assets is undertaken and any breaks are reported to the operational teams for clearance.
• Ensure the vault database is kept up to date and an accurate reflection of what securities are held
• Ensure any requests to withdraw or deposit certificates into/from the vault for the operational teams are actioned within a timely manner.
• Ensure Account opening requests with Transfer Agents for Unit Trust processing are lodged in a timely manner and followed up upon
• Ensuring the timely response of Section 793 requests
• Maintain the internal BP2S authorised signatory lists and database for clients authorised signatories
• Ensuring the escalation of problems to line manager
• General static data processing within internal teams
• Opening and closing of cash accounts
• Maintaining interest conditions on cash accounts
• Creating new users and resetting CSD passwords for operational staff
• Client service with high quality
• Supporting operational teams and other team members in case the workloads require
Skills and Experience required
• Demonstrable operational experience in a high volume brokerage or custodian environment of a major (“blue chip”) institution in a client facing role.
• Strong understanding of the UK market, particularly focused around Static data, reconciliation
• Flexible approach to working hours
• Excellent attention to detail
• Risk awareness
• Self-confidence and independence, taking responsibility for the assigned task and client responsibilities
• Ability to work well under pressure
Competencies required for the role:
• Results and quality orientation
• Customer Focus
• Team Work
• Innovation and continuous improvement
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation