The Credit Controller works within a small team responsible for managing the recovery of monies from tenants / occupiers. The objective of the role is to liaise with tenants on outstanding debts, manage the recovery of arrears and maintain information relating to actions taken. The Credit.
Controller supports the Credit Control Manager by:
· Chasing arrears on behalf of clients in accordance with clients’ debt recovery policies
· Maintaining records of tenant actions to settle arrears, including monitoring performance
against agreed payment plans
· Liaising with surveyors and client accountants to resolve tenant queries about charges and payments
· Analysing aged debtors and advising surveyors and clients regarding recovery of arrears.
· Maintain records of debtor payment performance and issue payment reminders to poor payers
· Chase arrears on behalf of clients in accordance with clients’ debt recovery policies for the methods and timescales to be employed in escalating recoveries
· Keep surveyors responsible for clients and tenants informed of progress in collecting arrears
· Agree all escalation steps to recover debts with the surveyor responsible prior to initiating action
· Maintain records of agreed repayment plans and ensure such plans are approved by the surveyor and/or client as appropriate
· Track repayments against agreed payment plans and notify surveyors and client accountants of any default
· Instruct solicitors and/or bailiffs to recover outstanding sums in accordance with client instructions and agreed with the surveyor responsible
· Record details of conversations and actions agreed with tenants to clear outstanding arrears
· Provide information to support preparation of monthly credit control reports and aged debtor analyses
· Ensure that all tenant queries are actioned within 24 hours, liaising with surveyors and client accountants as required
· Report any tenant disputes and/or complaints to the surveyor and client accountant responsible
· Reconcile tenant statements / aged debtor reports
· Provide tenants with copies of any missing documentation
· Assist in the allocation of cash receipts at peak periods
· Contribute to the identification of unallocated cash
· Adhere to all agreed procedures and controls
· Participate in the company’s performance management programme, adhering to and promoting internal performance standards.
· Experience in a credit control / rent collection role within a busy office environment. Qualification or part qualification in credit control and debt management or a related accounting discipline a distinct advantage
· Must be highly numerate and accurate with strong attention to detail
· Tenacious, presentable, assertive and self-motivated
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with professional telephone manner
· Conscientious and highly focussed, with a sound understanding of credit control procedures and an appreciation of data protection issues
· Experience of using computer based accounting systems, ideally Trace Tramps, or similar packages such as Yardi Propware / Voyager, Qube Horizon, etc.
· Able to work to tight deadlines and manage time effectively
· Good skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
· Understanding of accounting techniques including sales ledger transactions, particularly in a property environment, would be an advantage.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index.