The position of Credit Controller is integral to the delivery of property financial services to a varied client base. The role is to support the Credit Control Manager to ensure services are delivered to a consistently high quality and standard, promptly and efficiently to the Client Finance Reporting team as headed up by the Reporting Manager.
· Chasing arrears on behalf of clients, seeking instructions for recovery using most appropriate method eg; direct client contact or contact via Client Reporting Accountants or other stakeholders involved in the process
· Agreeing repayment plans with tenants
· Instructing solicitors / bailiffs on recovery actions agreed with client
· Managing the data held on property databases and putting in place robust processes to ensure accuracy. Liaise with Estate Managers to ensure that tenancy records and rental values are accurate
· Preparation of monthly Credit Control reporting to include Aged Debtors Analysis for clients, by tenant for the benefit of the Client Reporting Accountant team, as headed up by the Reporting Manager
· Continue the ongoing improvements in debtors ledger (AR) processes and ensuring AR
· team adhere to strict internal controls
· Ensuring both Surveyors and Facilities Managers adhere to the company service level agreements and visa versa
· Resolving tenant disputes queries by contacting via telephone, email, fax and letter and ensure invoices are paid as quickly as possible.
· Liaising with Facilities Managers, Surveyors, Client Reporting Accountants, on a daily basis to ensure that they are aware of all outstanding invoices.
· Assisting Surveyors and Facilities Mangers where needed to resolve any queries.
· Speaking with the other Client Finance team members and ensuring that SLA’s in place between the teams are being met and actioned
· Responding to routine enquiries (correspondence, emails, telephone calls etc)
· Database management on Excel eg; reformatting reports from TRAMPS into Excel
· Assisting the Credit Control Manager at looking at options in standardising Debtors
· Reporting for clients and helping in structuring the basic client offering
· Studying towards a Professional accounting and/or significant Credit Control experience in a demanding property environment eg; AAT, CIMA / ACCA / ICAEW
· Experience in accounting, reporting, finance operations and processes
· Client facing experience and excellent interpersonal skills
· Must be numerate and pay close attention to detail
· Assertive communication skills
· IT literate, particularly in Microsoft Office packages
· TBS TRAMPS (v. 4.60 or above) and Horizon experience.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index.