The Junior Analyst fixed term contract position is available within ETAP (Exotic Trade and Portfolio) team, part of Counterparty and Financing Risk Team (CFR) , based in London. CFR Team belongs to Risk Global Markets which is part of the Risk Function within BNP Paribas.
The Counterparty and Financing team covers the following main responsibilities:
· Analysis and follow-up on counterparty exposures: specificities of transactions, liquidity of the underlying, exotic or vanilla payoffs.
· Design, produce and analyse regular stress-tests. Development of the Stress Testing Platform and production of regulatory Stress Tests (such as EBA Stress Testing).
· Analyse and approve from a counterparty point of view exotic transactions or trades beyond current risk appetite levels (such as Credit Limits, specific guidelines and Bank risk policies). This mission is done in collaboration with Business, Credit Officers, Credit Risk Control and Market Risk teams.
· Counterparty coverage includes all Corporates, Financials and Sovereigns excluding Managed Funds and Hedge Funds.
· All derivatives trading activities are covered: Credit, Interest Rates, Inflation, FX, Equity, Commodities as well as Securities Financing.
· Analysis of market infrastructure and evolution related to regulatory changes to propose solutions to adapt risk monitoring platform.
The responsibilities of the Junior Analyst are:
o To analyse and explain exposures for BNP Paribas's derivatives counterparties in the scope of the London team (Germany, Austria, UK and Ireland, Middle East). The Junior Analyst will be the owner of a given Country/Region that will be followed-up closely. Expert knowledge will be developed (macro-economic environment, legal context, trading activity and key risk drivers).
o To summarise the main risk drivers and provide an opinion on the quality of the risk representation. Conclusions will be presented in a jargon-free and clearly intelligible format.
o To interact closely with Market Risk teams as well as Front-Office Strategy and Risk team to understand the materiality of the exposure. Participate to discussions between Risk and Business to define restructuring, novations and other actions to align exposures with current risk appetite levels.
o To foster innovation within the team and challenge existing processes and methodologies.
o To anticipate future change in market mechanics and regulatory framework and assess their impact on counterparty risk management.
The Junior Analyst will interact with Traders and Sales teams, Risk teams (Transactions Securitisation and Frameworks, Risk Corporates, Risk Institutionals, Market Risk, Risk methodologies) as well as IT teams, Front-Office Risk teams such as TRS Team (Trading and Risk Strategy).