BNP Paribas Overview
BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 countries with more than 198,000 employees, including 145,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Bank is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, CIB can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realize their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe, but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you'll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
Within BNP Paribas CIB, Valuation & Risk Control in Commodity Derivatives is a part of ITO/Capital Markets, and in charge of:
· Produce accurate daily and monthly reports highlighting coverage, risk, independent market data quality and Independent Price Verification results
· Produce accurate daily risk control reports.
· Contributing to consensus derivatives pricing services using our internal prices, looking at the quality of the independent market data and challenging when necessary.
· Understanding the marking methodology of the group to better test independently our marks.
· Ensure completeness and adequate implementation of the IPV methodologies
· Deliver and own the valuations and risk controls projects including requirements specifications, testing and implementation
· Developing and improving existing processes using Excel/VBA.
· Able to meet challenging deadlines while prioritizing and multi-tasking accordingly and where possible
· Work closely with various groups within BNP Paribas: Quant Research, Risk Management, Front-Office, IT, and Financial Control
Ideal candidate profile
Skills & Experience Required:
Experience in IPV / Valuations Control in a Product Control department
Experience in Commodities with knowledge of most commodities asset classes (Oil, power, gas, precious metals, base metals, agriculture, emissions, coal and Freight)
Experience working with consensus services and transformation from external to internal market data conventions.
Literate verbally and in writing, able to explain complex problems clearly to other stakeholders.
Attention to detail while working with tight timelines and remain control minded
Fluent in English
Coding in VBA in Microsoft Excel
Bloomberg terminal experience
Engineering Degree with a specialisation in Finance or Business school with a specialisation in Finance
Technical knowledge in Financial Derivatives
Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
Demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure.
Closing date: 15/08/2019