At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference... Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
... Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
· Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
· Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
· A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
USD Clearing & Payments is a Front to Back Group team responsible for processing and controlling all the US Dollar payments (in and out) of the BNPP affiliates (branches and entities). The Clearing & Payments Oversight (CPO) team is critical to ensure the sustainability of the control framework around Financial Security at Group level (i.e., BNP Paribas Affiliates CIB, DM, IFS).
As CPO officer, your job will be to contribute to the various streams of the mandate of the team: Governance, Affiliates Dashboard, Affiliate KYC recertification, USD account inventory management, USD flows monitoring, Special Case Request (SCR), and Operational Permanent Control (OPC).
To be successful you will be collaborating with the different sub-teams of CPO, with our points of contacts at the affiliates and head office level, and with Compliance and Inspection Generale.
In this role, you will see a direct link between your work, the team growth and impact, and keeping a robust and strong control framework.
You will be working with the other members of Clearing & Payments Oversight and will get the opportunity to learn and increase your skills constantly.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
· Results and Impact
· Leadership and Collaboration
· Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
· Compliance Culture and Conduct
Support the Clearing & Payments Oversight team with a focus on:
· Developing and running a robust monitoring process to collect and review the USD accounts (Lori, Nostri, PSP) of the BNP Paribas affiliates. Coordinate the use of the inventory data with the “Out of scope” accounts of Special Case Request (SCR) and the USD traffic monitoring (Swobs).
· Supporting the collection of Financial Security control results from the USD Clearing network affiliates (92 as of January 2021)
· Reviewing the control results in line with other indicators (from Compliance and IG) for consistency purposes
· Monitoring the remediation action plans produced by the affiliates in order to address identified weaknesses (low control results)
· Liaising with the relevant points of contact at division or metier level to ensure proper coordination between USD Clearing and the affiliates
· Contributing to Permanent control (OPC) task:
· Perform permanent controls over selected USD Clearing processes to ensure key risks are adequately covered by effective and efficient controls.
· Follow up on remediation actions subsequent to OPC control findings
· Contributing to other tasks of CPO, such as, governance (preparation of decks and presentation in meetings/committees), data management (clearing exceptions repository, follow-up actions tracked, audit recommendation monitoring).
Minimum Required Qualifications
· Undergraduate degree with a preferred emphasis in finance or business related majors
· 3 to 5 years’ experience in an Audit, Compliance or Control role
· Good knowledge of the financial / banking industry and of the bank’s operations, in general
· Strong problem solving and quantitative skills
· Very strong work ethic and ability to deal with confidential information.
· Flexibility to adapt to a new and changing environment
· Strong communication skills, rigorous and attention to detail
· Creativity in developing new ideas and approaches
· Ability to work well with others in a fast paced environment
· Time management to meet rigorous deadlines on multiple concurrent tasks
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point) with advanced technical skills particularly working with spreadsheets and databases is a plus
· Financial Security Certification (e.g. CAMS) is a plus.
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity:
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site - please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 514-285-6000
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **