You will be responsible for the design, development, delivery and continuous improvement of one or more product(s) and/or platform(s) at Cardif Japan
Area of knowledge:
· You will support Product Owner in implementing product (business application) vision, goals and roadmap as per priorities and you will support product evolution.
· You will support Product Owner in maintaining consistency and sustainability of one or more products by challenging/aligning with Business Owners.
· You will create technical specifications (SPC) based on functional requirements (FRD), written by Business Analyst and ensure traceability between FRD and SPC.
· You will regularly review SPC with Product Owner before organizing a review session with Business Analyst, Business Owner and the Developer.
· Based on Product Owner's decision, you will either code based on technical specifications (SPC), in which case you will design and execute Unit Tests (UT) and Integration Tests (IT) according to Cardif Japan testing strategy, before the handover to Testing Engineer for SIT execution. UT and IT have to include code review and be automated as much as possible
In case code is written by other developers (offshore team or onsite resource), you will ensure proper handover of SPC, set coding standards and follow up on development, UT and IT execution. You will ensure delivery on time, on quality and on budget before the handover to the Testing Engineer of your Product team for SIT execution.
· You will maintain SPC documentation in version control system in order to secure product knowledge.
· You will interact confidently and effectively with counterparts from business departments and experts. You will review and challenge IT vendor on work estimates. You will learn, continuously grow and contribute to defining and implementing IT strategy.
· You will participate and encourage a culture of innovation focused on adding value – give people space to think creatively.
· Be part of a multi-disciplinary product team to deliver excellent new products and/or iterations to existing products to meet user needs.
· Build a strong relationship with business teams including business analysts, understand their current and future needs, proactively propose evolutions
· Translate functional requirements to technical requirements based on understanding of diverse audience groups, define comprehensive traceability between functional and system requirements. Be able to challenge functional requirement document, if key information is missing.
· Contribute to maintaining prioritized product backlog by analyzing requirements providing estimates and suggesting alternative cost-efficient solutions when costs do not justify benefits.
· Work with architects to define robust, scalable and maintainable solution architecture, keep abreast of technological advances related to business applications under Product Team's control or evolution thereof.
· Have security and quality at source mindset and ensure that external development teams (in case development is outsourced) follow specific guidelines and requirements (for example, observe OWASP rules, perform static code scan continuously) by reviewing deliverables. Review SIT test cases with Test Engineer for completeness and effectiveness, promote test-driven development (TDD).
· Prepare and execute handover to production teams, prepare all artefacts required for the release of an application under Product Team's control, confirm and close change tickets after the change is implemented; follow through application-related incidents, related problems, obsolescence action plans and outstanding architecture/security reservations.
· Be actively involved across the business and technology communities to promote the department's principles and foster a collaborative approach to solution delivery and engagement
Ideal candidate profile
· In-depth knowledge of insurance industry, products, sales and distribution channels, subscription, underwriting, policy adjustment and claims processes in both individual and group insurance.
· Hands-on experience of Web-based system developments with core Java or application framework (J2EE, Spring) along with corresponding application servers
· In-depth knowledge of additional language (VB.NET, Python, JS) would be a plus
· Good knowledge of Oracle 11g/12c (Oracle Master Silver or above, PL/SQL), SQL server knowledge would be a plus
· Practical experience with integration software (ESB, ETL) – Tibco BusinessWorks, in particular
· Strong solution design skills using MS Visio or any other diagraming tools
· Experience in automated testing (Selenium or similar) and CI/CD (Jenkins or similar) would be advantage
· Reach project outcomes within specified scope, budget and time
· Strong oral and written communications skills
· Good listening and presentation skills
· Ability to convince peers with IT and Business
· Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills
Independent thought and judgment:
· Act responsibly and professionally in a leadership capacity at all times
· Proactively seek exposure to senior audience to influence and lead on IT subject matters
Level of authorities:
· Decision helper: The role will interact with key stakeholders autonomously and help the Product Owner in operational decisions, only deferring decisions to the Head of IT Solution Delivery in case of strategic, delivery or financial risk
· Influencer: Key influencer in the appointment of new IT vendors
Secondary or Tertiary education:
· University degree (3-4 years) in computer science or equivalent
· Qualification in IT / Business Analysis or project management or equivalent
Number of years of experience:
· 6+ years in a similar role
· 2-3 years of proven experience of IT product management and IT transformation in a large corporate setup
· 1-2 years of experience with Agile methodology