Job Description – APAC
Associate / Associate Level 1
Business Line / Function:
Middle Office – Corporate Actions
Team Leader /Assistant Manager / Deputy Manager
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Associate joining the team should be valuable in facilitating Corporate Action event information from Custodian to Investment Manager/Client and facilitate client elections. Also we do record keeping activities to mitigate the risk that impacts fund valuation on back of a Corporate action event.
· Cross-checking information received with other data sources
· Reverting to local sub-custodians to clarify/solve any open issue.
· Analyzing the corporate event in order to anticipate any reporting or processing issues.
· Setting-up of financial information into the Custody system
· Collecting and relay any update related to the corporate event on an on-going basis.
· Processing the securities reconciliation with sub-custodians client positions at the different steps of the event.
· Checking eligible positions of accounts within the local sub-custodian
· Checking that all eligible positions have been instructed at response deadline (for voluntary events only)
· Consolidating client instructions (for voluntary events only)
· Advising local market by sending instructions of participation to sub-custodian ((for voluntary events only)
· Checking that instructions of participation have been duly acknowledged by sub-custodian.
· Tracking of the payment date of the event in order to advise clients accordingly
· Processing payment of the event on client’s account upon recovery of cash and/or securities from the local sub-custodian
· Processing foreign exchange orders according to client’s set up.
· Processing any manual adjustment related to cash or securities in order to finalize the recovery process
· Justifying any cash or securities breaks to Control Teams
· is happening on periodic basis.
· Participate in Brain Storming Sessions and share the best practices and ideas with the peer groups and team members.
· Consistently evaluate and update documented procedures to ensure they are complete, accurate and current.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Accounting knowledge and knowledge on Swift messages is an added advantage
· Zeal to learn new thing
· Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel will be useful
· Must be prepared to work in flexible timings
· Good communication skills
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Complete commitment to provide professional, intelligent and timely responses to our clients’ needs and to changes in the market.
Oral : Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Adjusting communication style to match the needs of the audience.
Written : Expressing ideas clearly in all written documents. Using professional, appropriate language at all times, and adhering to the use of the BNPP Email Protocols.
Work effectively with team members to accomplish goals, Respect the needs of others and displays integrity in dealing with team members.
Continuous Improvement and adaptation
Generate creative solutions to problems, Ability to plan work ahead and to prioritize workload in an organized manner. Always looks for ways to improve services and processes.
Behavioural Skills : (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)