GM APS Transversal Head
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The role will mainly focus on the functional & technical support of set of in-scope applications, monitoring, troubleshooting, resolving and communicating the production events to end users and stakeholders. The event can be of various types and nature, ranging from simple application error or infrastructure issues related to Database or server crash. The main responsibility will be to support end users and provide after care support by resolving incidents whilst leveraging on the systems technical architecture knowledge. Provide technical support by ensuring the smooth execution of batches, delivering the production change; manage incidents and problems within the in-scope applications. The Production Support Analyst is expected to work with global teams located in Singapore, Mumbai, Paris, London, New York and Montreal.
Request, Incident, Change and Problem Management
· Act as first line of contact for end users to register their queries/concerns and provide Level1 and Level2 functional and technical resolutions.
· Coordinate with Level3, Infra or ADM teams to resolve issues/incidents ensuring timely communications to end users.
· Pro-actively monitor, manage and improve availability and performance of the production environments and application layers to middleware and databases.
· Monitor application components and in-out data with the help of provided tools and act proactively to prevent data issues, performance issues or application crash.
· Ensures issues/incidents are logged in the incident management system on time with relevant details (outage, downtime, dependencies etc.), investigate root cause, take resolution ownership
· Liaises with upstream and downstream applications support teams as appropriate.
Application and Batch Monitoring and Follow up
· Monitor application state and input/output data correctness, hand-over to offshore teams.
· Monitor batches with the help of provided tools and act proactively on failed batches while ensuring the implementation of preventive actions to avoid the future failures.
· Actively seeks reduction of dependency on manual interventions by support staff, e.g. leveraging enterprise batch scheduling and enterprise monitoring tools.
Knowledge Management and Documentation
· Owns teams' knowledge base on Wiki/appropriate tool for in-scope applications.
· Ensures regional support teams are trained as required for a follow-the-sun support model, in particular over new releases. Provide basic training to end-users on application use.
· Ensure training and knowledge transfer on new team members across globe
Maintenance and Enhancements
· Participate in release cycles for functional validation on staging/pre-prod/prod environment.
· Review release and coordinate around deployment/post release checks, do communication.
· Liaises with the Development teams to ensure enhancements and bug fixes are prioritized.
· Ensuring the timely delivery of change in staging/production ecosystem as per schedule.
· Participates in regular and required DRP and BCP exercises.
· Coordinate with Infra teams on patching & upgradation of servers and post checks.
Ideal candidate profile
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
· Minimum 5 years of relevant application production support or support experience
· Preferred candidates with banking / financial background
· ITIL – knowledge and processes implemented
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
· Prior experience of Production Support preferably in banking domain
· Excellent knowledge of SQL queries (Sybase T-SQL, Oracle PL/SQL), ability to write complex, advanced joins, SQL cursors and triggers
· Good experience on systems like Windows, UNIX and Linux
· Working knowledge or familiarity with tools like Geneos, ServiceNow, Jira, Sailpoint, Autosys
· Working knowledge or familiarity scripting skills Perl, Python and PowerShell
· Knowledge of schedulers (Autosys, Control M), ETL Tools (Informatica) & File Transfer tools (CFT)
· Experience with PL/SQL developer, Sybase ASE, Sybase IQ and RDBMS concepts
· Knowledge of programming languages (C, C#, Java, .NET, VBA)
· Good understanding of full trade lifecycle, front-to-back Transversal Trade processing workflows
· Knowledge of financial products like Interest rates, Bonds, FX, Treasury
· Working knowledge of processes like change, incident, request and problem management
· Technical Application Support experience in Investment Banking (preferably supporting Fixed Income products such as IRD/CRD derivatives, securities lending/Mortgages) business
· English: fluent; French: good to have
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
· Ability to provide step-by-step functional and technical help, both written and verbal
· Enthusiastic to work in challenging environment
· Highly effective team player with collaborate and can-do attitude
· Develop team skills, leverage networks, embrace changes
· This is Follow-The-Sun (FTS) model, and hence team needs to be flexible with weekday shift
· Flexible in working on public holiday, weekends to support application releases and Infra production changes
· Available for on-call support, especially on Sunday evening to support ASIA SOD support
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group's activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.