Corporate Credit Management (“CCM”) is a transversal team in support of the approximately 800 Corporate Clients of the North American platform. The CCM team works to ensure coverage, monitoring & execution of all counterparty risk requests for the Corporate platform. Three functional pillars exist in the team including:
· Corporate Credit Team – consists of the Credit Analyst & Account Management organizations which provide sector/transaction specialized risk monitoring for the Corporate platform
· Transaction Management – Front Office liaison team for all functional teams. In addition, provides support on complex transaction and project management
· Corporate Credit Coordination – coordinates credit process/methodology topics throughout the CCM team and the Corporate platform
Responsible for the credit management of assigned corporate client relationships. Specifically:
· Manage and monitor the credit quality of a portfolio of assigned corporate clients including periodic review of borrower financial statements, covenant compliance reports, press releases and news articles, rating agency and equity analyst reports, industry trends, etc.
· Evaluate clients/transactions for risk-related changes
· The client portfolio consists of US subsidiaries (i.e. “Contributors”) of foreign companies (i.e. “Pilots”) across a diverse range of industries
· Perform credit analysis and prepare credit memoranda for assigned accounts including new transactions, annual reviews, renewals, amendments, waiver requests and financial updates
· Strong interaction with the Risk department, Coverage and Product teams including coordinating the credit process amongst the various Product and Risk Teams to ensure an efficient turnaround of transactions
· Maintain reporting related to the portfolio including pipeline tracking, exposure tracking, and other general reports
· Interact with internal and external auditors during loan examinations
· Interact with other bank branches to coordinate on client strategy
· Attend bank meetings and/or client calls with the Relationship Manager
Minimum Required Qualifications
· Degree in Finance or Accounting
· Solid knowledge of financial statement analysis and fundamental corporate credit analysis
· Good knowledge of general banking products and banking practices
· Projection/forecasting modeling skills
· Strong business writing skills
· Proficiency in Word and Excel
· C. 2 years of prior experience in corporate banking (preferably in corporate credit management) and/or at rating agencies
· Master in Finance
· CFA (or CFA candidacy)
· Completion of formal credit training courses
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.