BNP Paribas Overview
BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 countries with more than 198,000 employees, including 145,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Bank is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, CIB can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realize their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe, but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you'll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
Within CIB CAPITAL MARKETS – EMEA Real Estate is responsible for:
· The coverage of large listed REITS or other investment vehicles and major real estate funds and asset managers. The team promotes all products delivered by BNP Paribas and cross-selling essentially with Global Markets, ECM, Corporate Finance, Cash Management & Deposits, BNP Paribas Real Estate, BP2S.
· The structuring of real estate specialised financing, their execution and distribution for clients, like PE Funds and Asset Managers for example, under REF's coverage or under the coverage of other areas of the bank.
As an Analyst / Associate the incumbent will participate in REF's client coverage missions and in transactions structuring in cooperation with relationship managers/Originators, in line with the REF's global strategy.
· Screen potential transactions (review of the information received and identify/analysis of the risks inherent to each transaction), prepare term sheets and participate to negotiations with the client and, if applicable, other lenders,
· Prepare credit proposals (including asset analysis, business plan, sensitivity analysis and sponsor/borrower quality, and the use of the internal tools of the bank) for presentation to local credit committee and possible follow-up with HO committee;
· Contribute to the execution process: review all related documentation (e.g. legal, valuation, property due diligence, tax and corporate analysis, related derivatives), in liaison and cooperation with the client, third party advisors and the relevant departments of the bank (Portfolio Management, Agency, Loans Administration);
· Perform annual reviews and manage waivers and amendment requests - Make sure that the transactions comply with the policies and procedures of the bank;
· Prepare deal pitches and client presentations;
· To adhere to the Bank's policies and procedures;
· To ensure that conduct is in line with the Bank's Conduct standards at all times;
· To ensure that all regulatory and commercial training is completed on time and refreshed as required;
Ideal candidate profile
Skills & Experience Required:
· Strong academic background; MSc or BSc in Finance.
· Experience as Analyst/Associate, preferably in the real estate sector, including cash flow and rent roll modelling, term sheet and credit paper drafting, documentation review, asset positioning analysis
· Language skills
· Fluent spoken and written English
· Fluency in one Continental Europe language would be a plus
· Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint
· Knowledge of BNPP's internal tools (CRF, Raroc, Credit Point…)
· High motivation, with a strong interest in real estate arena
· Good team player and ability to work independently
· Time & priority management with the ability to work under pressure
· Diligent and accurate with a strong synthetic capacity
· Good interpersonal skills and commercial sense
· Flexibility and adaptability
· Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
· Demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
· Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure.
· [For managers only] Take responsibility for your team's conduct and conduct risks.
Please note that all applicants must disclose whether that they possess the right to work in the U.K. as per the Immigration, Asylum, and Nationality Act of 2006.