Description de l'offre
BNP Paribas Overview
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 200,000 people across 80 countries and 5 continents. BNP Paribas Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 20,000 employees in over 50 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you'll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
Global Equities & Commodity Derivatives incorporates 3 distinct yet complementary businesses: Equity Derivatives, Commodity Derivatives & BNP Paribas Securities Asia. The Equity Derivatives business incorporates research, structuring, trading & sales on Equities, Equity Derivatives, Indices and Funds.
The Market Liquidity Provider (MLP) trading activity is a part of Equity Derivatives which uses several trading system to compute fair values, provide liquidity and execute hedging regarding their strategies.
Strategists are completely dedicated to MLP as they develop, maintain and monitor one the trading system used. They also hierarchically depends on MLP but follow in their IT developments the technical architecture principles defined by ITO.
AMM (Automated Market Making) work is ranging from building electronic market making strategies, algo design, execution strategies to provide liquidity internally and externally on large range of products and subsquently hedging risk inherited from internal and exchange flows. The day to day job is highly quantitative and IT driven.
The new joiner will contribute to the day do day activity of the desk with a strong focus on quantitative research/trading and with strong interactions between quant traders and IT strategists (both in Paris and London). The primary working landscape will be on on alpha discovery in the medium frequency space (couple of minutes to couple of days)
· Being fluent with internal tools back testing tools and analytics library (Lynx/XTI/EDGEstat/ResearchGui)
· Back-test systematic Market Making strategies
· Perform simulation of execution strategies
· Help improve execution both liquidity placement and liquidity taking
· Work on modelling cross assets relationships
· Work with strategist to implement tools adaptation (Automaton : Edge / Backtester : Lynx)
· Handle production as other members of the team.
· Perform Academic research digest on quant modelling topics
Skills and Experience
The candidate must have the following skills and qualities:
· A computer science/equivalent degree from a top institute
· The candidate must have worked as a developer on at least one large financial system
· Proactive and flexible approach to dealing with challenges
· Highly motivated to work directly with traders and research
· Ability to quickly resolve issues under pressure
· Excellent oral communication skills
· Strong technical & problem solving (troubleshooting) skills
· Strong C++ development skills including experience with real-time and multi-threaded programming, and performance optimization
· Strong Linux OS skills
· Strong network (UDP/multicast) knowledge
· Drive for Results - Delivers high quality work and ensures decisions are implemented timely and efficiently
· Risk Awareness - Demonstrates a good awareness of risk and fundamental risk concepts
· Corporate role model, integrity & ethics - Acts with discipline and high ethical standards placing the interests of the Bank ahead of personal agenda
· Team Player - Works effectively in a team, Collaborating and sharing information and solutions with colleagues, with other teams and stakeholders
· Client Focus - Sees stakeholders as well as external clients as customers
· Market, Products & Business - Is genuinely interested in financial markets and capital markets and continually learning and staying abreast of new developments.
Essential Personal Skills
· Diligence - Displays dedication shows attention to detail and quickly separates relevant from irrelevant information
· Resilience - Stays calm and positive, controls his/her emotions in conflict or any situation of intense stress (due to market, time or client pressure)
· Communication - Is an active listener and communicates clearly in both native (if appropriate) and English languages
· Self starting – able to seek out opportunities and work with minimum supervision