BNP Paribas Securities Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group, is a leading global custodian and securities services provider backed by the strength of a universal bank. It provides integrated solutions to all participants in the investment cycle including the buy-side, sell-side, corporates and issuers.
The agency securities lending trading team (AGL) lends securities to a range of approved borrowers as authorised by the underlying custody or non-custody client of BP2S. Revenues generated are shared with the underlying client.
The purpose of the role for the agency lending equity trader is to maximize the revenue from lending our equity supply while developing and maintain relationships with external borrower clients. The role also requires support and liaison with all internal stakeholders and departments to ensure that the equity lending product achieves maximum revenue within an efficient and compliant framework.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
• Negotiate and agree fee rates for equity securities lending loans
• Monitor fund holdings to maximise lending opportunities.
• Maintain and develop strong working relationship with counterparts and also underlying clients.
• Research and development of the Agency Lending product; current trading levels, new markets, market trends, market demand , automation
• Recalls - Actively manage and chase counterparts, where returns are due. If they become overdue continue to chase and escalate problems where necessary to Head of Agency Lending. Maintain records, including details of settlement and/or reasons for failures when necessary.
• Analyse BP2S AGL performance versus the market in respect of basis point return and highlight potential areas for improvement
• Provide revenue estimates for potential new clients
MIDDLE OFFICE / SUPPORT
• Reporting - Produce & distribute weekly income reports and any additional reports for clients (where applicable or required)
• Provide Agency Lending Operations with relevant support to facilitate their daily tasks and query management
• Monitoring Holds - Ensure that all holds are checked and updated/deleted on a regular basis.
• Enhance control procedures where applicable, including regular updates of Securities Lending Procedure Documents.
• Assist with meeting facilitation, administrative duties and project-based activities such as contributing to external client onboarding or internal project-related duties
• Work with compliance or credit functions to support administrative, research or other duties
• Update own T&C records.
Skills and Experience required
• Experience in a similar role in the securities lending field is essential
• Demonstrable experience of speaking with & interacting with clients is imperative
• be able to communicative effectively and to have the ability to develop excellent working relationships internally and externally
• Proven ability to learn quickly on the job and work in a busy, evolving environment.
• The ability to perform well under pressure, multitask and meet time-sensitive deadlines
• Understanding of nuances associated with equity securities finance markets
• Advanced proficiency with industry standard tools, e.g., Bloomberg, Excel and PowerPoint a must.
• A knowledge of database/data management is a strong preference
• Ability to implement automated solutions to daily processes
• A strong performer, proactive and a self-starter
• Strong organisation skills and excellent attention to detail
• The ability to work well in a team and also have the ability to think and analyse situations independently (while managing up to superiors in times of needed assistance and collaboration)
Qualifications required for the role:
• CISI required examination
• IMC or CFA
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.