In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
• Perform for the APAC region the first level controls for the P&L and FX reconciliations, ensuring differences are highlighted, adjusted and solutions are implemented.
• Act as a key point of contact to the Middle Office, Operations, Local Finance and the Regional teams.
• Review underlying products and transactions to resolve discrepancies.
• Perform Profit & Loss reconciliation between Middle Office and accounting
• Perform Foreign Exchange reconciliation between Middle Office and accounting
• Perform reconciliation of Mark to Market to Equity between Middle Office and Accounting
• Explain the differences between the Middle Office and the Accounting P&L (structural differences and P&L corrections)
• Verify the accounting corrections detected in the context of the controls have been correctly processed
• Monitor the remaining difference is in immaterial level, and assesses provision if needed
• Maintain the system and reports for P&L and FX reconciliation
• To handle the finance validation of the day to day front office portfolio request and ensure it is align with the accounting setup.
• Suggest improvement in the system and data flow for P&L and FX reconciliation
• Communicate with a wide range of departments (Middle Office and Operations), Finance teams (regional and local) and Performance Management Team
• Handle ad hoc queries as requested by Management
• Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan
• Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework
• Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines
• Contribute to the investigation/coordination with local finance, operation & MO on other control issues.
• Contribute to the overall Asset Liability Management and Rest of the bank FX position and P&L sell down process
• Provide assistance in performing control on data flow for Capital Market Activities
• Assist Performance Management in reconciling accounting P&L with the business line P&L reported in Paradigm.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Ability to work under pressure in a complex environment with stake holders from various areas
• Data mining skill & analytical
• Self-organized, with strong ability to anticipate, plan and priorities issues
• Rigorous for implementation with culture of controls
• Capital Market Product knowledge
• Microsoft Office tools including Excel and MS Access, Business Object, SQL, Macro & VBA (an advantage)
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Familiar with large international Corporate & Investment Banking activities and organization
• Relevant experience in Banking, Capital Market activities and Treasury (minimum 3 years)
• Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance and Economics
• Professional membership in CPA/ACCA/CFA are desired
• Some training in internal/external audit processes