DEPARTMENT - FINANCE
LOCATION - BASINGSTOKE
BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions helps companies to expand their business capabilities by offering tailored leasing and finance solutions. Our expert teams partner with equipment vendors that are looking to grow their sales, and businesses that require outsourcing services for assets within a number of key markets. We're a European leader in leasing, backed by the stability of the BNP Paribas group.
WHAT AM I ACCOUNTABLE FOR?
Responsible for ensuring that the financial accounts of the company are properly maintained and correctly reported in accordance with agreed deadlines. Sitting within the Accounting team; part of the Finance department based in our Basingstoke head office.
MY KEY ACTIVITIES
· Adhering to the monthly closing checklist, ensuring prompt and correct booking of closing journals and obtaining suitable evidence and authorisation
· Maintaining a proactive dialogue with Accounting Manager throughout the monthly close to manage expectations and escalate any delays or issues
· Preparing financial control reconciliations, including aging, provision analysis and timely resolution of reconciling items in conjunction with the account owner
· Recording and reviewing the status of the financial control reconciliations, reporting and escalating any unresolved differences in a timely manner and being aware of the control environment and risks within this
· Developing a commercial understanding of accounting balances and continuously developing accounting processes and reconciliations in response to changes in business processes or available information
· Developing a sound understanding of the contract management system, accounting interface and accounting schemes in order to support and explain business processes in relation to accounting output
· Assisting more junior team members with accounting processes and reconciliations.
MY EXTERNAL CUSTOMERS
Paragon (outsourced service provider)
MY INTERNAL CUSTOMERS
All members of the Finance and Financial Planning and Analysis teams, Corporate Accounting, Equipment & Logistics Solutions (ELS), Technology Solutions (TS), Risk, Collections and Recoveries
Newly qualified accountant, or passed finalist (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a strong educational background
Strong Excel skills are essential, along with excellent interpersonal/communication skills and attention to detail
Ability to work independently and establish/maintain good working relationships, whilst keeping management informed
Some work experience as an Assistant Accountant, including experience of working to deadlines and a sound understanding of double entry and accountancy processes
Financial Services experience is desirable
Oracle/SAP experience is also desirable
Working in a busy, open plan office.
Normal working hours are 8.45 to 17.15 Monday – Friday; however you may be expected to stay later during key times to ensure deadlines and deliverables are achieved.
Dress code is business formal Monday-Thursday, business casual on a Friday.
MY ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
· Any other ad-hoc duties as required by my Line Manager
· Responsible for adhering to policies, procedures, guidelines and the internal control framework established to guide the operation of their function in addition to regulatory compliance requirements
· Ensure that adequate controls are in place to minimise risk to the Company and that these controls are operational, reviewing them as necessary to reflect any changes to procedures or the business
WHAT CAN I EXPECT
On joining the company I will attend a Company Induction which will introduce me to the different areas of the business and what they do.
Have regular performance reviews with my line manager; this will include a mid-term and end of probationary review and regular one to one catch ups.
I will be expected to complete annual online Compliance training modules via My Development, our online training platform and will continue to receive on the job training throughout my career.