In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Our two-year APAC Graduate Programme has been designed to give you the support and development you need to start a successful career in financial services. You can join us in one of several business areas or support functions, and take on real responsibility from day one. Commencing in August you will start off with a comprehensive induction at our regional learning centre, where you'll be immersed in group training and discover more about the BNP Paribas Group.
Then you'll start your business specific technical and financial training, alongside personal skills development aimed at equipping you with the knowledge you need to get you the best possible start in your career.
Further training will be delivered throughout your two-year graduate programme, taking you along a tailored development path to build your expertise and broaden your base of skills. You'll also have the chance to experience other parts of the business through cross-entity projects, which will help you understand how we approach complex work and give you the chance to develop a strong internal network.
Throughout the programme, you'll be mentored by experienced managers and team members who will make sure you're getting everything you need to grow.
Electronic Commerce and Digital (“e-C&D”) has mandate to drive the electronic as well as the digital strategy for Global Markets (“GM”) and continues to position the bank as one of the leading and most efficient electronic trading offers available on the market. The team is bringing alignment across all GBLs, streamlining the digital entry points for clients, optimizing market connectivity, and capturing thought leadership and trend-watching to ensure Global Markets remains at the forefront of the latest technology trends.
Drive the APAC adoption of digital tools (electronic trading platforms, transversal apps, bots…)
- Understand the digital strategy and mastering electronic tools
- Communicate, demonstrate and promote the digital initiatives to local stakeholders. Ensure they are aware, adopt and embrace the change
- Own the product: gather business feedback and relay them to project team, identify improvement points and contribute to the solution design, interact with development & support teams
- Communicate efficiently progresses, issues and risks
- Leverage on data to identify patterns and call to actions
- Foster new ideas to rationalize/simplify workflows, develop the products, innovate
Ideal candidate profile
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Degree in Statistics, Finance, Business management or other related subjects;
- Basic coding proficiency preferred
- Be creative and enthusiastic with high level of initiative and drive;
- Committed, self-driven and ability to work under pressure;
- Team player;
- Capability to resolve issues;
- Hands-on, rigorous, meticulous and methodical;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; and
- Knowledge of Capital markets desirable but not required.
Students who have recently graduated or graduating in 2019/2020 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
• Second upper and above (i.e. GPA 3.3/4)
• Takes initiative and is results driven
• Strong decision making and analytical skills
• Act with integrity
• Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
• Strong team player
• Client focused and commercial thinking
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
• Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point) * Strong excel (VBA ) knowledge with ability to develop macros and pivot tables to enable automation of management reports and analytics
• Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage