DescriptionCorporate Credit & Collections Specialist
Baxter International/Medical Device Manufacturing
Synovis Micro Companies Alliance, Inc.
A subsidiary of Baxter International
439 Industrial Lane / Birmingham, AL 35211
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.Position Overview
• Performs advanced credit and collection functions.
• Reviews and monitors credit files and delinquent accounts by adapting procedures, processes, and techniques to ensure timely collection.
• Sends follow-up letters and billing.
• Accepts payment on accounts.
• Utilizes appropriate software packages to perform collection and monitoring activities.Critical Responsibilities
• Perform collection activities to ensure account is paid according to contractual payment terms. This involves ensuring accurate billing and prompt collection.
• Resolves customer questions, complaints, and requests that may be varied and complex. Resolution may involve applying advanced knowledge and interpreting policy. May contact other internal departments or external customers to resolve issues.
• Maintain records on account activities to be used in monitoring and an analyzing credit files.
• Prepare required report; the data reported and the impact to the customer and division.
• Perform credit analysis on existing or current customers. Obtain required information from credit organizational, banks and loan associations.
• Understanding of software in a Windows based environment and mainframe applications.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks are required.
• Demonstrate strength in communication (both written and verbal.)
• The ability to apply and adapt procedures and knowledge to solve problems is required.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and operate within designated time constraints to maintain service levels.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma required and some college is preferred.
• Minimum of 3 - 4 years in customer contact environment.
• Requires average math skills.
A Career That Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.