Clinical Therapy Lead OPAT
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
A Career That Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Clinical Therapy Lead OPAT
Expert resource for OPAT services both internally and externally. Evolve and manage clinical relationships with customers. Collaborate with customers to develop best practice guidelines and clinical pathways for OPAT therapies. Establish educational and training programs both internally and externally to meet the needs of the customer, patient and business plans. Link with third party nurse provider to train and support services for nursed patients. Support medical function in the following areas:
Medical information reviewer for OPAT Marketing materials and related processes/standard Internal and external education Therapy Area programs
- Clinical advisor to Baxter business team during tendering process and for other key commercial decisions regarding OPAT
- Expert resource and clinical advisor for customers
- Planning and implementation of new OPAT services across the UK – both providing internal expertise and assisting/advising external health systems accordingly
- Facilitate customer collaboration and consultancy
- Development of best practice guidelines for customer use
- Therapy education and training of hospital customers
- Therapy education and training for 3rd party nurses.
- Collaborative working across therapy area with Medical Affairs team
- Collaborative working across therapy area with business function.
- Management of third party nurse provision for therapy area including capacity planning, monitoring, complaints management, oversight of service quality and monitor provider key performance indicators.
- Develop and maintain training documentation, protocols and procedures for therapy area for internal and external use.
- Provide indirect Input into Clinical Governance group with relevant governance issues.
- Collaborative working across the cluster to share and develop protocols and procedures for any clinical service required by Baxter.
- Share best practice across the nursing function and work collaboratively with nursing colleagues.
- Accurate documentation and activity reporting using relevant tools.
- Management of relevant complaints systems and services
- Implementation of services in new contract or geographical areas
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- With a minimum 5 years of clinical nursing experience (of those a min of 2 years spent in either community based management or nursing management roles)
- Experience of teaching and educational processes
- Commercial experience
- Experienced in the field of OPAT therapy
- Ability to understand therapy market dynamics and customer needs
- Strong patient focus
- Strong customer focus
- Established credibility within the profession
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to work across multifunctional teams
- Experienced in principles of teaching and education
- Able to work independently
- Experienced in managing change
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness
- Project management experience
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Analytical skills – ability to simplify complex analytical concepts for both internal and external customers
- Strong proficiency in computer skills
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Results orientation – achieve deadlines
What we offer
This is a challenging opportunity and a chance to work in a diverse team with a great mix of people across various countries in Europe and beyond. Joining Baxter means joining a team that you can truly learn from!
You will be involved in exciting commercial projects which will make a difference to both the company and patients. If you have an interest in this great opportunity and think you can make a difference then this could well be the role for you.
To find out more about working at Baxter, go tohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY89yj_zSIo
Who we are
Do you want to learn more about our business? Go tohttp://www.baxter.com/inside-baxter/about/overview/corporate.page?
Baxter touches millions of lives every day. Our products and services are essential building blocks of healthcare. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide. You'll find us in clinics and in the home. Patients and providers rely on Baxter for lifesaving renal and medical products.
Our mission to save and sustain lives inspires our work and our commitment to expanding access to care, providing cost-effective healthcare solutions, delivering quality products and advancing innovations for the world.
Our 50,000 employees serve patients and clinicians in more than 100 countries and are dedicated to ensuring Baxter is there when patients need care.
Our inclusive culture and a diverse workforce drives innovation, creates trusted partnerships with customers, suppliers, and community partners, and contributes to the success and sustainability of our business.
Equal Opportunity Employer Discrimination: Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Every day at Baxter is a chance to save and sustain people's lives.