We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
The BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, it has approximately 700 employees and provides functional services in the areas of Finance, Controlling, Information Services, Human Resources, Environment, Health & Safety, Procurement, and Import-Export Order Management to BASF companies and affiliates in 17 markets across Asia Pacific. BASF also has three other Shared Service Centers that cover Europe and the Americas, located in Berlin and Ludwigshafen, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay.
Objectives of the Position
· Align, drive and steer global, regional travel and local operational strategies: implement, administer, coordinate and enforce policies/requirements and procedures. The scope is defined as end to end travel process for business travel management within the region.
· Be an advocate for all businesses and functions within that country/country cluster.
Steer and manage travel program
· Implements and support a detailed Business Plan, which includes initiative, goals and objectives with global travel management team.
· Manage the implementation of global business travel initiatives, policies and programs in Asia Pacific
· Serves as the main point of contact for the organization and Global travel manager for local demand-oriented service provision.
· Serves as the main point of contact for each country’s local travel coordinator for their local demand-oriented service provision.
· Ensure maximizing business productivity and minimizing overall costs on a regional level.
· Support demand-oriented service provision and system support: support the operations, processes, and implementation of the travel program.
· Communicate effectively any updates and changes within the BASF travel program with internal & external stakeholders.
· Managing Travel Service providers resources and close any service quality gaps
· Working closely with local (country) travel coordinators and Global Procurement Team & Global Travel Manager on all RPF (annual hotel/airline and TMC) Travel Service Consultation
· Coordinate with regional divisions and local travel coordinators being the regional advocate to implement, administer, coordinate, enforce requirements and procedures in each division/country within the region.
· Apply a clear plan of action to get delivery of the divisional requested initiative, goals and objectives within a regional scope.
· Benchmark against regional and local market trends and provide recommendations for the travel program within the region on an ongoing basis
· Bachelor Degree in Travel and tourism or related field
· Minimum 3+ years of related domestic, regional and international travel management, online booking tools, payment and expense solutions, understanding local travel regulations within the region.
Technical & Professional Knowledge
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work with colleagues across different cultures and regions
· Demonstrated organizational, project management and reporting skills
· Detail orientated, being able to multi-task, ability to work under pressure and have a sense of urgency
· Proven verbal/written communication skills
· Demonstrated working relationship with travel related vendors.